'A China Doll in a Bullpen'

'THE BLACK-MOORE TELL ALL INTERVIEW'

Up and coming journalist Rita Skeeter gets the inside scoop on the relationship between Regulus Black and Hunter-Rose Moore, and the impact this could have on our society at large

Last Sunday afternoon, I was given the wonderful opportunity to chat with the aristocratic young lovebirds. Sitting in The Hog's Head at a small table in the corner of the dark pub, I watched as the brunette boy and blonde girl arrived promptly, the boys mother not far behind them.

The Happy Couple

Regulus Black (pictured left) was the spitting image of his mother, Walburga Black; from their noses to the curl patterns in their hair, the boy was an exact replica of the woman. He politely greeted me, though it was apparent that he is a naturally introverted young lad who was slightly out of his depth. His right hand was intertwined with his girlfriends left, and a look of anxiety never left his face. Was he eager to leave, or scared of the potential consequences of his attitude being made public?

Hunter-Rose Moore (pictured right) was a stark contrast in disposition. She brightly made polite small talk with me as she sat down, and was a seemingly a calming presence for Regulus. The girl resembled her mother (Valeria Moore, neé Beauséjour); from her pale skin to her blonde hair and large eyes, though her freckled face and wavy hair was a reminder of her father, Basileus Moore. She beamed as she held the Slytherin boys hand.

The Feigning Fifth Year

The couple have now been together for three weeks, Black asking out Moore at a masquerade ball she was throwing with her 'best friend' for their birthdays. This struck a cord with me, as I'm sure it will with you, dear readers. Alongside many other things, the Black household are known for their extravagance and grandiosity. Was Regulus Black trying to upstage Hunter-Rose?

The girl said that she thought it was 'sweet' that she was asked out at her ball, although I fear that she may be feigning ignorance. Hunter-Rose doesn't come across as the sort of witch who would actively stand up for herself when she feels hurt. She appeared to be a fragile, sweet girl who would priorities other people over herself; not selfless, but a people-pleaser.

Arguably, this is no fault of her own. After all, Hunter-Rose has grown up in one of the most notable families in the pureblood wizarding society, and perhaps the Moore family gets more attention because they're not a family who follows the up and coming 'Dark Lord'. It is understandable that the girl of sixteen feels pressured to appeal to all and not want politics to define her livelihood.

Denouncing or Deflecting the 'Death Eaters'?

Politics has taken up a large part of the discussion concerning the relationship between Regulus and Hunter-Rose. Their families come from opposite ends of the political spectrum, and the pairing is not one that many would jump to.

A Black and a Greengrass, a Moore and a Diggory - pairings that are far more likely (and highly predicted back when both Black and Moore were born) than the one that we have. So, who falls where?

Hunter-Rose completely denied the idea of her being a Death Eater; 'For the record, I have always agreed with my fathers stances... I will never be a Death Eater, I can say that with confidence'. This, of course, was not something that many people theorised.

Regulus, however, is an interesting case study.

The freshly fifteen year old Black has recently been dubbed the new heir of his household, dethroning his older brother in the process. Whilst Sirius is still believed to be living with his family, it is suspected that his openly rebellious streak against outdated pureblood notions caused a split in the Black home.

This complicates many things for Regulus Black. He's next to rule over the Black household, without the support of his brother, who is also publicly known to be very good friends with Hunter-Rose Moore.

I have concluded that Regulus Black will become a Death Eater, readers, under the watchful eye of Walburga Black. Upon asking him for his opinion on his girlfriend firmly rejecting the Death Eaters, he slowly said that he is 'hopeful that the myriad of current challenges' that our society is facing will be 'solved' by the time he is an adult.

The Slytherin lacked a clear answer, essentially saying that he hopes the political climate will miraculously be solved. It may be his shielded upbringing that harms him, as he did not denounce the Death Eaters as a movement.

Hunter-Rose also grew up in what we can assume to be a very sheltered, loving household where every need she had was catered to by maids (the Moore family are famously against the usage of house elves). And yet, she had not issue with speaking out against the Death Eaters.

Why would Regulus not do the same if he is not due to join their movement?

A China Doll in a Bullpen

There is a famous muggle saying about people who careless and reckless; a bull in a china shop. For example, if Harold Minchum was told that Millicent Bagnold was currently dealing with a delicate situation and he went to find and hex her, it'd be said that he was acting as a bull did in a china shop (inconsiderately and causing great harm).

Hunter-Rose Moore is the opposite of this. She is a china doll in a bullpen.

The Irish-French witch has an aura of fragility and class, much like a carefully crafted china doll. Everything about her appearance is crisp and refined, the finery she wears being carefully selected. Not a strand of her hair was out of place, her cheeks a rosy pink. Maybe it's the way she carries herself, maybe it's her large eyes and lips that stay slightly parted whenever she is silent.

Either way, she has shockingly decided to pursue a boy from an unfavourable family.

Regulus Black comes from a immoral household, whose past intertwinement with the Moore family need not be said. Hunter-Rose may be ignorant to the fact that she is breakable; no one is all-powerful or guaranteed safety wherever they may go.

It is likely that the girl does not understand the severity of her situation, and I think I speak for as all when I say that Hunter-Rose needs to abandon Regulus Black for her own safety.

The Black family will trample this china doll to pieces, and she won't be able to piece herself back together. She'd remain docile and subservient to a family she is not part of due to their lust for power and control.

I hear that she shows promise in sports, leading her fellow Hufflepuffs to victory in Hogwarts first quidditch match of the season last Saturday; and I imagine she oozes talent in many other fields.

Let's just hope that the china doll can break free from the bullpen and not get hurt in the process.