'Letters from Mother'

Mother,

Mother,

The dress Grand-Mère has sent me is absolutely stunning, I'm sure you'll love it. I've sent my thanks to her already.

Recently, many purebloods here at Hogwarts have been saying your family heritage is not what it seems. There is a small rumour that you're a half-Veela, and I'm therefore a quarter-Veela.

I want to avoid buying into meaningless theories, but I do feel somewhat anxious about this notion. I've inherited many of your features, and people who I've never spoken to adore me. This could be explained away, I suppose, but something about it isn't sitting right with me (and I usually have incredible intuition!).

I'll await your response to understand how I should react to such theories.

Your daughter,
Hunter-Rose x

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・⁺‧͙

Rose,

I'm glad that the dress fits and that you like it. I'm sure you look beautiful!

My dear, Veela rumours have always been spread about people from France or Bulgaria. Always. This is more of a matter for us to discuss during Christmas, so let's save it for then.

Might I ask who made you aware of these rumours?

All my love,
Mother x

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・⁺‧͙

Mother,

Lucius Malfoy has made me aware of these rumours on an evening prefect patrol we had last week.

Fortunately, as the Malfoy's aren't exactly regarded for their tact, he was incredibly blunt and he has not left me in the dark about any of it (by mistake, I imagine). Nevertheless, it's still unsettling.

I am very well aware that these are just rumours, yet I cannot help but find myself convinced. I've read up on Veela's since being made aware of it, and it only strengthens my concern.

My hair is blonde, my skin is pale, my ancestry is French (and Irish, although Veelas don't seem to be common in Ireland), and people follow me around as if I'm collecting them. They act rather foolish around me, almost impulsively. Luckily, as I'm not a particularly negative person, I am not sure if I look less human when I am angry.

These are my major concerns, which I hope you understand as it would mean I'm not quite human.

I'll try and wait until Christmas. Could we not meet in Hogsmeade at some point to discuss?

Your daughter,
Hunter-Rose x

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・⁺‧͙

Rose,

The Malfoy's have always enjoyed their fair share of gossip! Abraxas Malfoy was a couple of years above me, and he talked about people as if there was no tomorrow.

I understand your concerns, however it is hard for me to be completely candid in my responses as the ministry are currently fearing that the Death Eaters are intercepting post, so I'm keeping this brief.

I'll be able to come up to Hogsmeade during October, I imagine the 10th? That'll be a Saturday.

Keep yourself busy with thoughts of school and your ball! You'll be able to tell me all about it when we meet.

All my love,
Mother x

Hunter looked at the letter and sighed to herself, knowing that the news was likely to be negative. But she knew that, no matter the outcome, she couldn't tell a soul if she is a Veela. Not Remus, not Hai, not James.

Some secrets are just meant to be kept.

"You alright, Hunts? We have Charms now." Hai asked as she stood up and put her bag on her shoulder.

Hunter looked down at the letter and up at her best friend. Promptly folding the letter and putting it in her bag, Hunter grabbed her satchel and nodded.

"I'm okay, just a bit tired after practice."

"You, of all people? Tired? Something really must be wrong!" Hai joked and the two left the Great Hall.

Hai talked at Hunter, who just said the occasional 'yeah' and 'mhm'. Even Hai's incessant rambling couldn't stop the sinking feeling that Hunter felt.

Some secrets are just meant to be kept.

A/N ~ shorter chapter due to my exams! will be releasing longer ones soon <3