'The Hufflepuff Princess'

ع˖⁺ ⋆ ୭ .⋆。⋆༶⋆˙⊹
September 2nd, 1975

⋆。⋆༶⋆˙⊹September 2nd, 1975

Fifth year

It was obvious to those in her year that Hunter-Rose Moore, known as Hunts by her friends, was effortlessly admirable.

The girl was easily recognisable. She had figured out how to look after her hair in the third year, resulting in a wavy head of blonde hair. Freckles danced on her pale face, taking refuge on her cheeks and button nose. Thick eyelashes protected her dark blue-green eyes, her neat eyebrows hidden behind her fluffy fringe.

Over the past few years, recent prefect Hunter had managed to become adored by the school. She was the first female chaser and brought up her teams reputation, the girl who knew all the answers in her classes, the Hufflepuff who would help first years and humbly reject peoples Valentines chocolates.

Over the past five years, James Potter had managed to recruit three boys, all as devious and charismatic as him. Quickly becoming the schools most controversial student, he was someone you either loved or you hated. He could often be seen charging around the school with Sirius Black, his best friend, as Remus Lupin jogged alongside chuckling and Peter Pettigrew scampering on the sidelines.

Hunter and James were no longer close, something many were aware of. Hunter had become reputation revolved and around the third year, she found herself drifting slowly from her childhood best friend. She was, however, close friends with Remus and Sirius.

She couldn't take to Peter, although she'd never show it.

Hunter had to stop speaking to him immediately after a prank he had pulled the during summer term last year, which resulted in Severus Snape hanging upside down in his boxers, a tearful Lily Evans and a fractured friendship.

~~~

"James Potter!" the pretty blonde had yelled. She was surrounded by a large group of girls, consisting of a variety of houses.

"Hunter! My old friend! How are you, love?" the arrogant brunette responded, turning to face her.

"Lily Evans has just ran past me, sobbing. I don't know what you, or Severus Snape, did, but frankly I don't care. You need to put him down and find Lily." the girl calmly instructed. She looked up at James, as she had never been able to grow past 5'3. He had easily reached 5'11 by this point.

"Hunts, my dear, that was all slimeball. I did nothing to my Lily-flower!"  James looked towards Sirius and Remus, the former who was laughing and the latter looking around awkwardly.

"I don't recall asking. If you won't take him down, I will. It's not right, James, no matter what he's done. You need to grow up." the girl whispered sharply.

His ego somewhat bruised, James stalked off, leaving Snape in the air as he went off in the same direction as Evans.

Hunter quickly let the Slytherin down, who scattered off without a thanks. Hunter-Rose turned to Sirius and Remus.

"What happened? With Lily?"

"James put Snape up, just for a laugh. Lily asked James to put him down, but Snape called out that she is just a pathetic... y'know. That word." Sirius informed her.

"Ugh, Merlin... you two need to stop doing this. Especially you, Rem. I thought higher of you." the blue eyed girl sighed before turning to her friends and leaving the scene.

Sirius and Remus looked at each other.

"What does she mean, 'especially you'? I'm alright!" Sirius exclaimed. Remus sighed.

"I don't know... though it's not nice, coming from Hunter. Let's go." Remus shrugged and the two boys began to walk away.

Lupin turned around, looking at the now empty grounds. A mere four minutes ago, Snape was still hanging in the air and James was taunting him. And yet, the Hufflepuff Princess had sorted it all out within seconds.

How did she do it?
~~~

It was the first proper day of her fifth year, and Hunter had been made prefect alongside Amos Diggory, her loyal, handsome and surprisingly arrogant classmate. Hunter wore her prefect pin with pride as she walked down the familiar corridors.

"Hi, Hunter!" a Slytherin second year waved. She waved back.

"Good morning, Hunter-Rose!" the head boy, a Ravenclaw, greeted. Hunter gifted him with a hello.

"How's your father, Hunter?" a Gryffindor girl quipped. Hunter jokingly winked in response.

Hunter-Rose has become accustomed to peoples greetings in the hallways. She maintained total awareness at all times, never daring to be rude or disrespectful to her fellow students.

The girl walked into the Great Hall, making her way to Hai, Cassandra, Hollie, Meera and Louise; the girls she dormed with and her close friends. Hai was her best friend, though, and that was known throughout the school.

"Morning, Hunts! How's my little prefect doing?" Hai greeted as the blonde sat down.

"I'm doing very well, my darling. How are we all?" Hunter asked.

"God, I am shattered. Why am I so tired?" Hollie groaned above her bowl of porridge.

"By no means am I a genius, Hols, but I would guess that it has something to do with the amount of coffees you drank last night." Hunter responded to the half-blood as she placed scrambled eggs on. a plate.

"It was a rhetorical question." Hollie moaned, and the group laughed, continuing to catch up and eat the Hogwarts breakfast. People came and went, talking to the popular Hufflepuff girls, vying for attention from them.

A table across from theirs sat a certain group of boys, and once of them set his eyes on the life of the party, the bubbly blonde, the Hufflepuff's golden girl.

"Boys... I think I know who our first prank shall be pulled on."