¢hคptēr tຟ໐

★・・・🐺・・・★

𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿  𝗧𝘄𝗼;
𝗙𝗶𝗿𝘀𝘁 𝗗𝗮𝘆 𝗢𝗳 𝗦𝗰𝗵𝗼𝗼𝗹

★・・・🐺・・・★

Charlotte walks through the parking lot of Beacon Hills high, a blank expression plastered onto her face as she looks around.

Derek thought that it would be a terrific idea to send the Hybrid to school so she doesn't just sit around the house all day, and even though he has a very good point, school is the last thing Charlotte wanted to do.

Especially after what happened last night.

Which she's trying her hardest not to think about so she doesn't break down.

Best day ever. The Hybrid thinks to herself sarcastically, just wanting to go home, put a movie on her phone and lay with Milo all day. But no, she has to learn instead, going back to jail seems real fun right now.

Mustering up all of her courage and her fake politeness, she straightens up and continues walking towards the building, repeatedly telling herself to not turn around and leave, knowing she'll do just that if she thinks about it.

"Hello." A voice next to her speaks up cheerfully, making the Hybrid start to panic.

Leave. Leave. Abort mission. Fly away- do something!

"Hi..." Charlotte trails, turning to the girl next to her with an awkward smile.

Not that you fucking idiot.

I panicked!

Dumbass.

"I love your jacket so much." The Strawberry Blonde girl smiles widely, looking Charlotte up and down as she observes her outfit.

"Thanks." Charlotte smiles sheepishly, not knowing what to say back to that.

Idiot.

Shut the fuck up, brain.

"I'm Lydia." Lydia chirps, holding her hand out.

"Charlotte." The Hybrid replies, sending one last awkward glance to Lydia's hand before she looks away.

She doesn't see the way Lydia's face drops in realisation at the gesture, she saw how uncomfortable Charlotte got when she held up her hand for a simple handshake. And if that wasn't a clear sign sign of 'please don't touch me, I don't like it', then doesn't know what is.

"So, how long have you been in Beacon Hills? I've never seen you around before." Lydia hums thoughtfully, trying to ease the awkwardness radiating off of the girl next to her.

"Since last night." Charlotte replies, resisting the urge to crawl into a hole and let herself die from how awkward she sounds.

This is why she put off having friends back in New York, and it's why she's going to continue to do so.

"Oh, welcome to Beacon Hills then, the most boring place you'll ever find yourself staying." Lydia hums, amusement dripping through her tone as she practically struts next to Charlotte.

The confidence is almost literally suffocating the Hybrid.

"Boring, huh?" Charlotte asks with a small snicker.

Tell that to the red eyed bitch that, I think, wanted to kill me last night after three hours of being here.

"Oh, you have no idea." Lydia muses, smirking as she speaks.