¢hคptēr ຖiຖē

★・・・🐺・・・★

𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗡𝗶𝗻𝗲;
𝗣𝗲𝗻 𝗕𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗹𝗲𝘀

★・・・🐺・・・★

Charlotte Hale felt off. There was absolutely no reason behind the light yet noticeable pressure in her chest, but it's there. And it's bugging her. It doesn't help that Stiles is now rambling her ear off about the book she had given him yesterday, specifically, the part of the book where her name is mentioned.

"Do you see this?" Stiles asks, his voice raising a few octaves higher as he practically shoves the book into Charlotte's face.

"No, I'm blind. What does it say?" Charlotte asks the boy next to her sarcastically, both of them stopping in the middle of the school hallways to send each other completely different looks.

Stiles sends her the 'really?' look and Charlotte gives Stiles the 'you're a dumbass' look before they continue walking towards their class. However, the Hybrid's eyes cast down to the book momentarily, her eyes instantly drawing towards her name in her mother's handwriting. And that's all that was written, her name with a few frantic drawn lines underneath.

"I mean, why would your name be written there? Have you read it? Am I allowed to read it? Who even wrote the book? It looks handwritten-" Stiles starts in an overexcited ramble, wanting to know more about the peculiar book that Charlotte had given him.

Only, when he looks up at Charlotte, expecting her to start answering his question, he sees the Hale staring off into the distance, her eyebrows furrowed. "Are you ignoring me?"

Stiles follows her line of sight, instantly growing confused when he sees her staring at Jackson and Danny, who are talking to each other by Danny's locker about god knows what. He slowly turns back to Charlotte, who continues to stare in their direction with her eyebrows furrowed.

"Why are you staring at Jackson?"

"I'm trying to figure out how to punch him and make it look like an accident."

"Okay, let's go." Stiles nods, slamming the book in his hands shut and leading Charlotte towards their class.

"What? You cannot tell me you haven't thought about punching Jackson before." Charlotte scoffs as they walk into their Math class, making Charlotte instantly grimace.

Ew, Math.

"Oh no, I have, many, many times." Stiles nods, sitting down next to Charlotte and taking his equipment out of his backpack.

"Then why haven't you?"

"Have you seen me?"

"No, I'm blind, remember?"

Stiles laughs at Charlotte's comment, shaking his head slightly in amusement. Charlotte's lips twitch up into a small smirk when she hears Stiles laugh next to her, playfully rolling her eyes before she looks up, only to be met with Allison sitting directly across from herself and Stiles.

"Oh, hi." Charlotte smiles, her tone full of surprise at Allison's sudden appearance.

"Hi, Charlotte." Allison smiles back, slowly laying her pencil case on top of her notebook.

The Argent girl glances towards Stiles, the two sending each other a small smile and a wave before they start concentrating on the teacher's lecture.

Charlotte, however, feels completely distracted. Her eyes stare, unfocused, out the window to her side, her fingers subconsciously and lightly tapping the desk. Her mind races with all sorts of things as her ears block out the math lecture at the front of the class, the thoughts ranging from small snippets of memories with her family, to giving Jackson a black eye, to seeing how Derek would react if she set fire to his car.