¢hคptēr Şēงēຖ

★・・・🐺・・・★

𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗦𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻;
𝗟𝗮𝗰𝗿𝗼𝘀𝘀𝗲 𝗣𝗿𝗮𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗰𝗲 (𝗴𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝘄𝗿𝗼𝗻𝗴)

★・・・🐺・・・★

"Son of a bitch!"

Milo and Derek slowly look up from their seats, confused expressions etched onto their faces, wondering what has Charlotte yelling out in what sounds like panic.

"Do we go and see what's wrong?" Derek asks the nine year old in front of him, staying in his slouched position on the charred sofa.

"I don't know. Anything could have happened..." Milo trails.

However, before another word could be uttered between the two, the sound of a loud crash and a few bangs, like an explosion, comes from upstairs. Derek and Milo quickly sit up at this, their eyes slightly wide as the feeling of panic rises in their chest.

"Fuck! Fuck-" Charlotte starts to yell again front her room, only to be cut off with a yell of surprise and a loud thud, almost sounding like she had just fallen over.

"Umm..." Derek trails, furrowing his eyebrows as he leans forward, hoping to see what's happening.

"Do you smell fire too? Or is that just me?" Milo asks, crossing his legs on the sofa next to Derek.

"It's a burned down house, what do you expect?" Derek asks the nine year old, sending him a pointed look.

"Alright, no need to be a dick about it." Milo mumbles, raising his hands in a surrender position.

Derek rolls his eyes at Milo, shaking his head a little before he notices Charlotte walking down the stairs. The Hybrid's presence quickly makes the two Hale boys perk up, hoping she'll tell them what had happened.

However, Charlotte just casually walks into the kitchen like nothing has happened.

Derek and Milo send each other a look, yet again feeling confused by both Charlotte's quietness and casualness.

"Uhh... Arlo?" Derek calls out, looking in the direction the werewitch has walked off too.

"Yeah?" Charlotte asks, walking out of the kitchen with a broken KitKat in her hand, an innocent look on her face.

"What the hell was that all about?" Milo asks, raising his eyebrows at his older cousin.

"What the hell was what all about?" Charlotte questions, slowly (very, very slowly) taking a bite out of her KitKat.

"You yelling? The loud noise? Did you fall over?" Derek questions, hoping for a normal answer.

Which he didn't get.

"No, I was just having a really fun time with the air." Charlotte hums, taking another bite out of her chocolate and sending Derek another innocent smile.

"Ew." Milo giggles, scrunching his nose in mock disgust.

Charlotte laughs at the nine year old in amusement, ignoring Derek's pointed look at the inappropriate comment in front of his nine year old nephew.

"Brooding bitch." Charlotte mumbles under her breath, shaking her head a little.

"Arlo, what happened?" The oldest Hale asks with a sigh, making Charlotte roll her eyes.

"Well, I woke up, got ready for school, as you do... Then there was this moth..." Charlotte trails awkwardly, pursing her lips when Milo bursts into laughter.