¢hคptēr fiftēēຖ

★・・・🐺・・・★

𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗙𝗶𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻;
𝗠𝗲𝗲𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗗𝗲𝗮𝘁𝗼𝗻

★・・・🐺・・・★

The sound of the bell ringing tells Deaton that Scott has finally arrived, nearly ten minutes late. He doesn't turn around, he doesn't need to to address Scott. His voice is stern, yet he doesn't yell or raise his voice once, "You're late, Scott."

"Sorry." Scott says through heavy breathing, leaning against the doorway. "My friend, Charlotte, wanted to get a coffee."

Deaton perks up a little at the familiar name, yet, he couldn't quite place a finger on where he had heard it and who from.

"One, we're not friends, Scooby." Charlotte speaks up, immediately causing Deaton to turn around, his eyes widening a little when he sees the girl standing next to his employee. "Two, I said I'd take the blame for some very unknown reason. And three, I bought your boss one too."

Charlotte looks up, sending a small yet awkward smile towards the adult, holding out the extra cup of coffee that she had gotten for him as a sorry for making Scott late. "Here you go, Mr. Animal Doctor."

"Thank you." Deaton smiles, sending a light nod in Charlotte's direction as he takes the still steaming cup of coffee in his hands. "Sorry, what was your name again?"

"Charlotte Hale." The Hybrid replies with a smirk, sending Deaton a two-fingered salute.

Now, she doesn't exactly know who this guy is, however, the sense of familiarity rolls off of him in waves, allowing Charlotte to not grow so defensive over herself (and possibly Scott, yet, she would never admit that).

"Hale, huh?" Deaton asks, a light smile twitching onto the corners of his lips. "I used to be good friends with your family before the fire. It's nice to finally meet you."

Do you know that awkward moment when you meet someone from your childhood, but, you don't really remember them, making things so, very awkward for yourself? Yeah, that's what Charlotte is feeling at this exact moment. However, before anymore words could be spoken between the three, the sound of the bell chiming rings through the air, indicating someone else has just walked in.

It's Sheriff Stilinski, with his serious face on. Charlotte looks at the Sheriff curiously, wondering what Stiles had done now. However, as soon as he opens the door, Deaton and the two teenagers are greeted with one of the K-9 unit dogs from the station coming for his check up.

"Hey, I see someone's ready to get their stitches out." Deaton smiles, leaning down to pet the dog.

"Hey, Scott, Charlotte, you both staying out trouble?" The Sheriff greets, sending the two sixteen year olds a happy smile.

"Why? Did you find out Scott murdered someone?" Charlotte jokes, sending Sheriff Stilinski a grin of her own.

And the Hybrid just had to laugh a little, watching Scott's eyes practically bulge out of his head out of panic from his words, due to the incident that happened at the buses the night prior.

"What you got there, Sheriff?" Deaton asks, gesturing to the briefcase in his hands.

"Is that police work?" Charlotte asks eagerly, grabbing her coffee from the spare desk to walk over to the operating table where the two adults are.

"It's strictly confidential, that's what it is." Sheriff Stilinski corrects, raising his eyebrows at the sixteen year old as he takes a beige folder out of his bag.