¢hคptēr thirtฯ fiงē

★・・・🐺・・・★

𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗙𝗶𝘃𝗲:
𝗪𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗙𝗼𝗿𝗺𝗮𝗹

★・・・🐺・・・★

"If you do not ask Lydia to dance right now, I'm gonna drown you in the punch." Charlotte has threatened Stiles for what feels like the tenth time. It has actually been around the fifteenth. "Drop your balls already and get a move on."

"Charlotte, do you know how long I've been waiting to even talk to her properly?" Stiles whisper yells at the Hybrid, dramatically rolling his eyes as if she should know how hard this is for him. "A long time, okay? A very, very long time!"

"Yes, I know all about your little creepy obsession with her since the third grade!" Charlotte argues back, not even bothering to keep her voice down. "Scott's a blabbermouth. And now that you've got an actual chance, don't pussy out! Because I genuinely will drown you in that punch."

"I..." Stiles stammers, rapidly blinking as he tries to think of something to say after that. He turns to look down at Milo, pleading for him to at least see where he's coming from. Milo just shakes his head with a smirk in return, agreeing with Charlotte wholeheartedly. "Fine." Stiles walks away, and Charlotte and Milo high-five behind his back.

"What did you two do to the poor guy?" Allison asks as she walks over to Charlotte and Milo, a confused look upon her face. Without saying a word, Charlotte grabs Allison by her hand and pulls her closer to her side, gesturing for her to stay quiet and to just watch what's about to unravel in front of them.

"Do you wanna dance?" Stiles finally asks the Strawberry Blonde after a whole self-confidence speech and a self-threat similar to the threat Charlotte had given him moments prior. He stares at Lydia eagerly, smiling when she turns to him.

"Pass."

Stiles' face drops at the snide answer, his shoulders deflating almost immediately. From a few feet away, Allison, Charlotte and Milo all grimace in both second-hand-embarrassment and pain for the Stilinski boy. "No, you know what..." Stiles trails, standing from his seat and walking in front of Lydia, holding his hand out. "Lydia, get off your cute little ass and dance with me." Allison gasps in shock, Charlotte lets out a laugh of surprise, and Milo silently cheers for his friend.

"Interesting tactic." Lydia hums lightly, placing a finger to her chin, as if pretending to think. "I'm still gonna stuck with 'no.'" Lydia sends a smile his way, not a fully sarcastic smile that she gave to Jackson earlier, more like a smile that says 'convince me.' Charlotte swallows down the urge to yell at Stiles from where she is.

"Lydia, you're gonna dance with me tonight, okay?" Stiles says almost argumentatively. "I don't give a fuck that you made out with my best friend for whatever reason you did. I've had a crush on you for so, so long- literally, since the third freaking grade! And I know full well that inside that cold, lifeless exterior you're putting on, there's an actual human soul. And I'm pretty sure I'm the only one that knows how smart you really are."

Lydia stares up at Stiles, speechless. As does Allison, Charlotte and Milo, their jaws dropped at Stiles' speech. "And, once you're done pretending to be some nit-wit, you'll eventually go off and write some insane mathematical theorem that wins you the Nobel prize or something." Stiles exhales deeply as soon as he finishes speaking, really, really hoping he didn't scare Lydia off with what he just said.