¢hคptēr thirtฯ ໐ຖē

★・・・🐺・・・★

𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝗢𝗻𝗲;
𝗪𝗲𝗶𝗿𝗱 𝗦𝗶𝘁𝘂𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀

★・・・🐺・・・★

"Wait, so, she's in love with Stefan..." Charlotte trails, trying her hardest to wrap her head around what's currently happening on the laptop screen in front of her. She can feel Allison's amused stare on the side of her face, but, the Hybrid couldn't bring herself to look away from the show, a bit too engrossed with what's happening. "But, she loves Damon too?"

Laughing at the outright flabbergasted look on Charlotte's face, Allison nods, "Yes." The Argent's laughter grows harder when Charlotte jerks her head back, her nose scrunching at the information.

"Imagine this topic comes up in the future?" She questions, almost snickering at the words popping up in her mind. "'Oh, Aunt Elena, what did you do in your teenage years' and she's just like 'your dad.'" Allison's laughter becomes silent, her head dropping to her chest as she tries to control her laughter. She can't be loud, Charlotte's isn't supposed to be here right now. "Elena's the ultimate 'your dad' joker for Stefan's future children."

"Yeah, sure." Allison nods, clearing her throat lightly as she looks back to her computer. However, Charlotte tenses. She slowly turns to head to look at Allison, who has yet to stop smiling. And Charlotte just stares, her eyebrows furrowing in thought.

Allison snaps her head over to Charlotte, instantly growing confused at the look she's being given, "What?" She laughs nervously, shifting in her space. With her bedroom light off - and the only source of light coming from the computer - she didn't actually realise how close to Charlotte she really is currently. Not close enough for them to be really touching, but close enough to be close.

Well, when I say not close enough to be touching, Allison has noticed that their hands have brushed a few times by accident. Though, she's also noticed that Charlotte hasn't said anything about it, so, Allison doesn't think twice about keeping the action quiet.

"Stefan's gonna die, isn't he?" Charlotte questions, snapping Allison from her thoughts. The Argent feels her cheeks grow slightly warm, and suddenly, she's glad the light's off.

"What makes you think he's gonna die?"

"You said 'yeah, sure' in a tone."

"A tone?"

"Yes, a tone." Charlotte nods, jolting up to look down at Allison. "You said it in a 'I know something you don't, and you're not gonna like' tone." She doesn't even think twice when reciting the fact. Allison also quickly sits up, and the laptop falls backwards off her lap.

"How can you differentiate tones like that?" Allison questions.

"Milo and I do it to Derek all the time." Charlotte replies, her face falling slightly when she speaks about Derek, a slight flicker of hurt shining through her eyes. Although, the Hybrid quickly hides it before Allison could catch onto it, not wanting to dampen the mood. "He's learned after a couple of times to just not ask when he hears that tone from us."

"You-" Allison goes to speak. And by the smirk on her face and the way her voice had dropped a little, Charlotte knows that she was about to get teased for her actions. But, before it could even begin, a knock erupts from Allison's bedroom door.

The two sixteen year old girls almost jump out of their skins. Subconsciously, Allison grabs at Charlotte's shirt, not touching - or even brushing against - any exposed skin of Charlotte's, "Who is it?" Allison calls out, her brain unsuccessfully catching up with her actions.