¢hคptēr thirtฯ thrēē

★・・・🐺・・・★

𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝗧𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲;
𝗙𝗼𝗿𝗰𝗲𝗱 𝗙𝗼𝗿𝗺𝗮𝗹 𝗗𝗮𝘁𝗲𝘀

★・・・🐺・・・★

"God... there's just so many questions." Sheriff Stilinski slurs as he stares down at the many pieces of paper thrown about, obviously stressed. For the past half-an-hour, Sheriff Stilinski has been spilling everything to Stiles and Charlotte. Milo had fallen asleep on her lap about twenty minutes ago.

"Like what?" Stiles questions, taking a quick glance at Charlotte, who is reading one of the papers from the Sheriff's file. Her eyebrows are furrowed, and her eyes are squinted, concentrated. It's also been record time that Stiles hasn't heard Charlotte utter a single word.

"Like, if Derek wanted to kill everyone that was involved in the fire, why would he start with his sister? Why make it look like some animal got to them?" Sheriff Stilinski questions, his head dropping to his hands as he tries to think everything out right there and then. "When that Cougar was killed in that parking lot, I checked with animal control and Deaton, it's like they've all gone crazy just running out of the woods... did you guys know that wolf animal attack reports have been up seventy percent these past few months?"

"Almost like something's scaring them out..." Stiles trails. Charlotte finally moves at Stiles' words, making sure not to move too quickly and jolt Milo awake. Her eyes meet Stiles', and for just one moment, the human could see something flash through the Hybrid's eyes. Familiarity, perhaps?

"You know, I miss talking to you..." Sheriff Stilinski trails, turning to his son with a tired smile. "It's almost like we never have time anymore-"

"Hey, dad?" Stiles interjects, his eyebrows furrowed ever so slightly as he fishes for his phone. "I've just gotta make a quick phone call, I'll be right back-"

"I do miss it... I really, really miss it..." Sheriff Stilinski hums, his head now dropping to his shoulder as he turns back his eyes to his work. Stiles pays him no mind, glancing at Charlotte for a mere second before he stands from his chair, ready to leave the room. "I miss your mom too." Now, this stops Stiles dead in his tracks.

Stiles whirls around, his phone on and long forgotten in his hand. Charlotte is quick to turn her attention from what's happening in front of her to Milo, suddenly regretting Scott's offer of going to his house earlier that day. She would've much rather have let Stiles down and gone to Scott's to avoid the conversation that should only be shared by the father and son. "What did you just say?" Stiles questions his dad, tears filling his eyes.

The adult just sighs in reply, as if he didn't say anything at all. Sheriff Stilinski reaches out to grab the nearly empty bottle of whiskey from next to his empty glass, however, Stiles gets there first, taking it from the table and out of his father's reach. And Sheriff is incredibly grateful for that, "Thanks." He smiles, slowly and steadily getting out of his seat. "Don't you guys be up too late." He's out of the room before anyone could even process.

Charlotte turns to Stiles, who is still stood frozen in the middle of the room, whiskey still in hand, tears still threatening to spill. Gently placing Milo on the seat next to her, the Hybrid doesn't think twice in going to Stiles, hesitantly placing her hand on his shoulder. This seems to snap Stiles out of whatever he was thinking, the Stilinski turning to look at The Hale thankfully.

No words are spoken between the two, and not because there didn't need to be, they just didn't get the chance to. Stiles' phone lights up before either one of them could utter a single word. The two look down, their eyes drawing to the big bold letters reading 'Scott'