¢hคptēr tēຖ

★・・・🐺・・・★

𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝗲𝗻;
𝗔𝗺𝗯𝘂𝘀𝗵𝗲𝗱 𝗚𝗿𝗮𝘃𝗲

★・・・🐺・・・★

Charlotte Hale is panicking. A metallic sort of scent fills her nose from a good distance. Blood. Followed by a loud, pain filled scream of her name. Milo. The Hybrid immediately takes off running, she doesn't follow the scent of blood, she doesn't follow the pained screams of her name that makes her want to break down, she just lets her legs carry her, she trusts her senses to help her find the nine year old.

And sure enough, she finds him, laying unconscious in front of a blood splattered tree. One of his hands, the one that had been pressing onto the wound on his shoulder, had fallen off onto the forest floor, whereas the other hand stays cradling his bloody side. And he's not healing properly.

In front of the young beta is a hunter, a grown man, holding a bloody knife in one hand and holding a gun to Milo's head in the other, ready to kill him. Rips and shreds are seen in the Hunter's clothing from where Milo had clawed at him.

"Plena dolore." Charlotte chants loudly, announcing her presence.

The hunter turns, just in time for Charlotte's eyes to glow a bright, icy blue before sudden piercing pains rip through his body. His screams are loud, drowning out the light 'thump' when he had fallen to his knees, clawing at his arms and body to try and get the pains to stop.

The were-witch slowly walks forward towards the hunter, her eyes still glowing blue and the palm of her hand still facing the man that tried to kill Milo. She steps in front of him, slowly lowering her hand as she crouches down, allowing the pains to start fading from the hunters body.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Hunter. Beautiful day, isn't it?" Charlotte asks, humming thoughtfully as she looks around. "Very sunny, a bit windy but the breeze is kinda refreshing, don't you think?"

The hunter continues to stare at the sixteen year old's glowing blue eyes. The mark of murdering an innocent. And for the Hunter, that was a good enough reason try and kill her too. Very unsuccessfully, might I add. As soon as the hunter goes to attack with his already bloody knife, Charlotte brings her hand back up, making the sharp pains ripple through the hunter once more.

"Lets see..." Charlotte trails, her free hand reaching out to grab the hunters arm.

Little snippets and flashes of images run through her mind about the Hunter. She hated doing things like this, to people who don't deserve it, of course. Which is why she doesn't make contact with anyone but Milo.

She can never see any of these flashes or snippets from Milo, who is, in fact, her anchor. She can't control this power with anyone else, it's overwhelming for her. And seeing as Milo is practically the only one who can calm her down enough to control it, she feels comfortable making contact with him. Others? Not so much.

Which is why she avoids physical contact with anyone and everyone. She can't control it. She blames her mom for passing her that part of her witch side when she was born.

"Huh, you're an old man, could kinda see that for myself, living alone in a dead beat apartment out of town, a cheater... well that's always fun..." Charlotte trails, her tone dripping with sarcasm as she searches for that one piece of information. "And you were hired by Chris Argent. Lucky him."

As soon as she takes her hands away, the flashes stop, and so does the pain infliction she's doing on the hunter, allowing the guy to sigh in relief, his body falling forwards onto his elbows. And Charlotte has to quickly move away before he could fall  on her.