¢hคptēr Şēงēຖtēēຖ

★・・・🐺・・・★

𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗦𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻;
𝗦𝗵𝗼𝘁

★・・・🐺・・・★

"He died?" Milo asks in shock, his eyes wide and his voice high.

"He died when he looked at you..." Charlotte trails, pursing her lips so she doesn't laugh. "That's... expected."

"Fuck off, Arlo." Derek grumbles, rolling his eyes at the sixteen year old.

Now, that makes Charlotte and Milo laugh.

"Shut up you two, or we're gonna get caught-" Derek starts in a whisper-yell, turning to glare at the two.

"Too late." Milo interjects, pointing to the building across from them.

Derek and Charlotte look over, the older Hale's eyes immediately widening when he sees the Alpha just standing there, staring at them. Creepy. Derek takes a few steps back, gently pushing Charlotte and Milo behind him protectively, even though he knows that they can perfectly take care of themselves.

"On my signal, you two need to run." Derek mutters, his eyes squinting the longer he stares at the overly large Werewolf in front of them.

"I'm sensing a lot of tension between you and the Alpha right now." Charlotte whispers back, earning a snicker from Milo. "Calm yourself down Derek, could be your Uncle Peter."

"That would be so weird if it is actually your dad." Milo mumbles, his shoulders shaking as he tries to hide his laughter.

"So many 'your dad' jokes are rushing to my mind right now-" Charlotte starts to say, dramatically placing her hand over her heart.

"Run." Derek mutters, and the three immediately break into a run.

The three Hale's set themselves to the ground rather than staying on top of the buildings where they could easily draw attention. And the Alpha just completely vanishes. Literally, gone out of thin air. It's not on top of the buildings, none of them can hear it running on the concrete. Nothing.

"Please tell me we're not climbing all the way up there again?" Charlotte asks breathlessly, seeing the way Derek is eyeing up the roofs of the buildings again.

"Put Milo on your back, Arlo." Derek demands before he starts climbing up the side of the warehouse.

"And he's giving me the extra weight." Charlotte grumbles, gently pulling Milo onto her back, his arms wrapping around her neck. "Fuck you, old man. Fuck you."

"Just, hurry up, Arlo." Derek huffs, rolling his eyes irritably.

"Fine, fine..."

She climbs up carefully, making sure every second that Milo is still attached to her and tightly holding onto her so he doesn't fall.

"Giddy up, Arlo!" Milo cheers excitedly.

"I will drop your ass." Charlotte snaps, glaring to herself as she continues to climb. "Fuck you too, Bolt."

"Stop yelling, Arlo!"

"I want a new family!"

Derek reaches down, taking Charlotte's hand when she gets close enough and pulling her and Milo up the rest of the way. The Hybrid lets out a deep breath, crouching so Milo can get down from her back.

"Please tell me you're not about to lick that." Milo grimaces in disgust, staring at his Uncle.

Charlotte turns around, her eyebrows furrowing in confusion when she sees Derek observing the blood that has smeared across his fingers from the roof. He seems deep in thought, and Charlotte tries her hardest to resist from scaring him. A noise sounds above them, causing the three Hales to snap their heads to the source, immediately spotting the Alpha staring daggers at them, especially Charlotte, before it runs away.