⚡️ Chapter One ⚡️

"Are you sure you want to do this again?" I ask, as I trudge along behind my twin brother, Armin.

He looks at me over his shoulder and nods. "Yes! I want to share the wonders of the world outside these walls to other people!"

I run up beside him. "I do too and you know how much I want to explore the outside with you, but..." I hang my head. "You know what those boys do to us when we try to tell them..."

He holds the thick book, that tells of all the interesting things of the outside world, closer to his chest. "I know. I know that we get hurt just because they don't believe us, but that doesn't mean we still can't try to tell them, right? I'm sure we're close to getting them to believe us."

I bring my head up and look over at him. "Yeah. They should want to know. Don't worry, Armin. We'll make them want to see the outside world someday!"

Grandpa allowed Armin and I to stroll around town today, as he normally does, and just like any other day, it's the same here in Shiganshina. All of the merchants calling out to people passing by, their customers complaining about something being too expensive, and all the children running after each other laughing and playing.

Although, something deep down in my gut tells me that all of this peacefulness with pass away any day now. I mean, we are inside a wall, being protected from Titans. They could break in one day.

I shouldn't worry too much, and Armin shouldn't either. We have the Scouts out killing Titans, so we can be safe. I've never dreamed of being apart of the Scouts, in fact, I'll probably just stay home, where I'll be safe or maybe join the Military Police. I'll be safe in Wall Sina, if I join the Military Police Regiment.

"Look!" Armin exclaims, wrecking my train of thoughts. "There they are! Come on, Y/n! Let's go!" He started running toward the three boys.

"Armin!" I run after him. "Wait for me!" As I'm running after him, I almost trip on my long skirt, so I pick it up a little.

Armin and I...we're not very athletically inclined to say the least. Our running looks strange and we're just not very physically strong. That's why it's so hard to do anything against these boys when they start bullying us.

We like using our minds better than our muscles. It's a brains over brawn situation. We've been told on multiple occasions that we're really smart for our age. Our grandpa always says: 'You two have the mind of your father and looks of your mother.'

Armin got our mother's blonde hair and father's deep blue eyes, while I got our mother's blonde hair and hazel eyes.

(I'm sorry if you don't have blond hair and/or hazel eyes, but for the purpose of the story, pretend you do 😋)

Our parents were killed while trying to retake Wall Maria, at least, that's what Armin and I have been told. I hope to find out how our parents actually died one day. They might've actually been killed while trying to retake Wall Maria, but I still wonder sometimes...

The time I finally reached Armin, one of the boys have already grabbed him by his shirt and is holding a fist back. It took me a little bit to reach him, because a lot of people got in my way.

"Stop!" I exclaim and start panting. "Please...don't hurt him. We're just trying to tell you about the outside wor-"

Another one of the boys grabs me by my hair. "Do you really believe all the bullshit in that book? How dumb can you be?"

"Well, our father told us that everything in this book is real." Armin defends, as the boys drag us away from the crowds of people.

The boy tugs on my hair a little harder, making me let out a small grunt of discomfort. "If you'd just look at the book and see all the descriptions and pictures, you'd believe us. Our father wouldn't-"