⚡️ Chapter Twenty Two ⚡️

"Go!" Jean shouts.

Jean goes to the left, Armin and I go right, and Reiner just stayed where he was behind the Titan.

We're able to run right alongside her, from a distance of course, meaning we've managed to catch up with her.

I grab Armin's shoulder. "I think she's slowed down a bit, since she first came to us."

He nods. "Yeah. I was thinking the same time. Do you think she's tired?"

I shrug. "We can hope so. If she starts running faster, there's no doubt that we'll lose her."

"That's why we've got to do this now, before she gets her wind back." He replies. "This is going to be difficult, since she's an intelligent Abnormal, but I think we'll be able to distract her."

I sigh. "Killing her is out of the question for two reasons. Reason one: She's too intelligent for the four of us to go against. Reason two: She's valuable research, if we catch her somehow. Who knows though, maybe when the time comes, Captain Levi or Mikasa could kill her, but...not yet."

Suddenly, Jean stands up on his horse and propels himself toward the Titan's leg to cut her achilles tendon, but when he shot his hooks at her, she dodged them and wiped her arm at Jean, blowing a huge gust of wind his way. Then, she looks at us.

I gasp loudly. "Armin! Go, go-!"

She swipes her hand at our horse, which killed it and roughly threw us to the ground. I hit my head on the ground extremely hard, which caused everything to instantly go black.

⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡

I'm just now beginning to regain my consciousness and all I hear at the moment is a shrill sound over and over.

I slowly open my eyes, only to shield them from the bright sun. I look around the area I'm in and I'm glad to see that Armin, Jean, and Reiner are still alive. Everything's a bit foggy though. It might take a bit to clear up too.

The shrill sound I keep hearing is Jean whistling. I'm sure his horse ran away and he's trying to get it to come back. Then, in front of me, Reiner is wrapping a bandage around Armin's head...did it start bleeding?

I use the tree that I was laying up against to help push myself up. "Are you...are you guys okay?" I let out a pained sigh, as I bring my hand to my head.

All three of them look at me suddenly, Armin gasping in the process.

"W-What is it?" I stammer under their gaze, dropping my hand from my head.

"We're just happy you woke up." Armin replies with a soft smile.

Jean paused in his whistling. "I didn't think you would wake up for a little while longer. You hit your head pretty good." He continues whistling.

"Mmm..." I hum and slowly walk over in front of Armin and sit down in front of him. "Well, I...I don't remember anything after I hit the ground, because I instantly blacked out."

"Reiner was almost crushed, but he sliced the Titan's fingers off and escaped her grasp. From there, he picked both of us up and we've been here ever since." Armin briefly explains.

"Almost crushed?!" I look up over Armin's head at Reiner. "I'm glad you escaped!"

"I did what I needed to survive." He replies, shrugging. "I'm glad you're okay. You gave me quite the scare back there, Doll."

(Sorry to interrupt, but in the sentence right above, when Reiner shrugs, he's actually mentally saying, 'My future wife', because of how happy Y/n is that he escaped. Again, I'm sorry for interrupting, but I find this cute. You may continue now.)