⚡️ Chapter Seventeen ⚡️

It got pretty boring for me when the guys were asked to go slay some Titans. I understand why I wasn't asked to go. People only see me as a strategist. They don't expect someone so short and weak-looking to go slay Titans. I mean, I haven't gotten my first kill yet, so it makes sense.

So, here I am. I'm laying flat on my back, looking up at the sky, trying to find shapes in the clouds to get my mind off the thoughts of my friends and brother maybe being killed. Oh yeah! Armin hasn't even returned either.

"Hmm..." I hum. "That one sort of looks like a...duck? No...a rabbit? It could be either I guess..." Yes. I'm talking to myself. Well, mumbling to myself.

Suddenly, there are huge vibrations, making me sit straight up, leading me to stand up. I gasp at the distant sight. Eren's Titan was finally carrying the boulder.

I punch my fists into the air, letting out an excited shout. "Yes! I knew you could do it, Eren!" With that, I begin to run to get to the area right above the breach. I want to see this up close. No. I have to see this up close.

I hardly round the corner and I see that Eren is getting closer to the breach.

"Come on..." All I've got to do to is run straight and not worry about any turns.

I let out an anomalous scream, which sounded like a battle cry, as I start to run as fast as I can now to reach my destination. Man...my knees are begging me to stop running.

Am I suppose to be there? No. I'm suppose to still be in the corner, attracting Titans with everyone that wasn't told to go slay Titans, but...what's wrong with a little rebellion every now and then?

Eventually, I reach my destination and want to fall on the ground, but I just place my hands right above my knees and start panting.

"Oh God..." I look out in front of me with my eyes squinted, because of the setting sun. "Why...why did I think...that was a smart idea?" I stumble my way over to the edge and see that Eren is practically right in front of the hole. "Good...I made it in time."

I cup my mouth. "Go, Eren! You can do it!" At the same time, Armin yelled a long, "Go!" It's a twin thing, I guess.

Eren wedges the boulder right inside the hole, sealing it and keeping other Titans from entering. I'm so happy I think I could cry.

Suddenly, Armin flies over to the nape of Eren's Titan and is trying to get him out safely.

I quickly jump off the wall and shoot my hooks into a nearby building, then fly over to where Armin is. "Need any help?"

He looks at me with a gasp. "I thought I heard you earlier, but, uh, yes. Please."

So, I grab one of Eren's arms and start pulling. "I couldn't miss seeing-" I grunt, as I'm still trying to pull out Eren's arm. "I couldn't miss seeing this happen. It's a miracle that our plan worked after all."

Armin grunts, as he's still pulling from under Eren's arms. "Yeah. It's almost too good to be-"

"Armin!" Mikasa exclaims, from the ground below. "Y/n! How's he doing?!"

I look at her. "He's scorching to the touch, but it's not burning me yet."

Just as I said that, Eren's body becomes free, making Armin and I fall back and land on the ground near the Titan corpse's leg.

"Ow..." I mumble, as I sit up.

Suddenly, a giant shadow looms over Armin, Eren, and I. Armin and I both look up to see two Titans practically drooling over us.

They both start to reach to for us, but a lightning fast person takes both Titans down in a matter of seconds like it's no big deal. They now stand on top of one of the Titans.