⚡️ Chapter Fifteen ⚡️

"Armin...what are we going to do?" I ask him from across the other side of Eren, whom we are currently helping to sit up.

We've been at the trial grounds for about twenty minutes, waiting for Eren to wake up. During those twenty minutes, there's been a cannon set up ready to shoot at the four of us and we've been surrounded by people, ready to attack.

"I've been thinking about that as well..." He replies. "I'm sure we'll know when the time-"

"You're all going to die..." Eren mumbles with this scary look on his face, making Armin, Mikasa, and I gasp.

Mikasa looks back at us, specifically Eren. "Are you alright?" She receives no answer.

"Eren!" I exclaim. "Hey! Are you alright? Can you move? Can you hear us? Please answer us!"

Armin grabs him by his shoulders. "Listen! You've got to tell them everything! They're terrified, but they'll understand!"

Eren grunts softly, looking between Armin and I. "Armin...Y/n, I-"

"Did you catch that?!" A Garrison member questions. "He said we're all going to die! There's not much else you can make of that! That son of a bitch wants to eat us! Just watch and see! He will!"

"What..." Eren starts. "What the hell are they doing? Why are they pointing their blades at us? And...what's with that look? Are they terrified of me?"

I just stare at him. Does he not even know that he came out of a Titan's nape? If he doesn't know, then how are we going to get out of here alive?

"Eren Jaeger, Mikasa Ackerman, Armin Arlert, and Y/n Arlert! The four of you have jointly committed an act of high treason!" Commander Woerman yells. "Whether or not a swift execution depends on you!"

"What..?" Eren mutters.

Commander Woerman continues. "Any attempt to move from where you stand now, anything I deem the least bit suspicious, will be met with cannon fire! Do not test me!"

Surely we're going to die...I don't think any of us have a clue as to how or why Eren appeared from the Titan's nape. He just can't be Titan. They're the very thing he seeks to destroy the most. There has to be some other explanation.

"Answer carefully!" Commander Woerman orders. "Eren Jaeger, what exactly are you? Human or Titan?!"

"I'm sorry, sir! I don't understand!" Eren replies.

"Answer me, damn you!" Woerman commands. "Evasion will get you no where! Don't try to stall with pretend ignorance! You won't stand a chance! You'll be blown to hell before you can assume your true form!"

"What true form?" Eren asks, sounding genuinely curious.

Woerman scoffs. "Oh please! Scores of us saw it happen! You emerged from the carcass of a fallen Titan in full view of your comrades! A creature of unknown origin, ability, or allegiance has slipped through and infiltrated Wall Rose and that creature is you!"

This man is crazy if he thinks Eren is one of the Titans that entered through the hole today. He was with us the entire time. There's no way he could've come through the hole.

He continues. "Under the circumstances, you being sanctioned by His Majesty as neither here nor there! You are a risk that I am well within my ranks to eliminate! I will not let the situation stand! Every moment I squander, mulling over your supposed innocence, puts us all in further jeopardy from the attack by the Armored Titan! For all we know, you're a tactical diversion precisely for that purpose! I'm sorry! Humanity's fate hangs in balance! I can not waste anymore time or man power on you! Do you understand?!"