⚡️ Chapter Four ⚡️

"Straighten those spines, piss-ants! The 104th Cadet Corps Boot Camp starts now! Allow me to introduce myself! I'm Commandant Keith Shadis and you will grow to hate me!" Commandant Shadis introduces.

He continues. "Training is going to be a white-knuckle ride through hell! If I've done my job, you'll all be waking up in cold sweats from memories of this place every night for the rest of your miserable lives! Right now, you're nothing! You're livestock!"

Here we go again. We're being compared to animals. I came here to become a Scout not to be called an animal again. It's still hard to believe that I actually signed up and that I'm actually here.

Just like we all had promised, we've signed up to join the Scouts. It'll be three years of non-stop training, but it'll be worth it in the end.

Commandant Shadis still continues on with his speech. "Over the next three, soul-crushing years, you'll learn to take down your own Goliath! Remember this moment when you come face to face with him, because here's where you ask yourself; 'Am I a fighter or am I feed?! Am I going to be ground up to pulpy human grist between boulder-sized incisors or am I going to be the one to bite?!'"

I think about his question. 'Well, I'm hoping to be a fighter, but I don't intend to physically bite back. I will bite back on their prides, if Titans even have-'

"You! Mop-top!" Commandant Shadis shouts, bringing me out of my thoughts. I realize that he's talking to Armin, who is standing right beside me.

Armin salutes. "Sir!"

"What do they call you, maggot?!" He asks.

"Armin Arlert, from Shiganshina, sir!" Armin answers.

"Wow. Seriously?" He raises an eyebrow. "Why would your parents curse you with such a dumb name?" That makes my blood boil.

"It was my grandfather, sir!" Armin replies.

"Cadet Arlert!" He leans down in Armin's face. "Why is a runt like you here?" He's making my blood boil even more.

"To help humanity overcome the Titans!" Armin exclaims.

He stands straight up. "That is delightful to hear! You're going to be a great light snack for them!" He grabs Armin by his head. "Row three, About face, runt!" He turns him around.

I know that that could've just broke Armin's neck, so I look over at him to make sure he's okay. Well...that was one of the biggest mistakes I could've made.

"What did you just do, midget?!" He practically screams in my faces. So, I'm a midget and Armin's a runt...how wonderful.

I salute. "I was just seeing if he was okay, sir!"

"Why in hell would you check on someone you don't know?!" He asks.

"He's my twin brother, sir!" I answer. "I'm Y/n Arlert, from Shiganshina, sir!"

He leans down in my face. "Do you know what you earned yourself, midget?!"

"I don't know, sir!" I reply. I have a good feeling that I didn't earn anything remotely close to being good.

"Your meal privileges are gone for tonight! Congratulations, midget!" He stands up straight and lays a rough hand on my head. "Row three! About face!" He turns me and moves on to the next person.

I'm not going to be able to eat when dinner is ready, just because I thought you broke my brother's neck?! That's ridiculous! I'm sure the food here isn't too good anyways, so I think I'll be able to last until tomorrow morning.

Commanadant Shadis kept yelling at person after person. He even headbutted this guy named Jean for wanting to join the Military Police just to live in the interior, which is also known as Wall Sina. I guess it's a good thing I decided against joining the Military Police.