⚡️ Chapter Twelve ⚡️

"Whoa!" Connie exclaims. "Mikasa is a badass! How is she going so fast?"

I'm getting really worried for Mikasa, since she's using too much gas. If she runs out before we reach HQ, someone else is going to have to clear the way for us.

"She always is, but this isn't looking too good..." I mumble.

"Huh?!" Connie looks at me. "What do you mean?! Look at her! She's slaying all the Titans for us!"

I nod. "I know, but...she's using way too much gas right now."

"What she's doing is letting adrenaline distract her from grieving over Eren!" Armin remarks, from behind me. "I mean, at any time she could run-"

Right as Armin was about to say it, Mikasa runs out of gas and plummets toward the ground.

"Mikasa!" Armin and I both exclaim and immediately change the direction we're going in to go check up on Mikasa.

"Jean!" Connie yells, behind Armin and I. "You lead the rest to HQ! I'm going after Y/n and Armin!"

"I'll go with you!" Jean replies. I know he wants to check up on Mikasa too, but as of right now, he's our next best leader.

"You've got to help the others!" I yell. "There are still a bunch of Titans! Just get everyone to HQ safely!" I propel myself forward just a little to get closer to the spot where Mikasa fell.

"I hope she's okay..." Armin mumbles.

"Surely she is, right?" Connie asks. "I mean, this is Mikasa we're talking about."

"I don't know, Connie..." I shrug. "Even the best of the best get hurt sometimes..."

Suddenly, a Titan roars, gaining our attention. Mikasa has to be very close to that Titan. I'm sure it's trying to eat her right now.

"Guys!" Armin exclaims. "I see her!"

"Go get her really quick!" Connie replies. "You can do this, Armin!"

Armin nods firmly and swings downward, grabbing Mikasa, then has a harsh landing on top of a building. Connie and I both land on top of the same building.

"Are you guys alright?" Connie asks, once we land.

"Yeah." Armin answers.

I help him up, then look at Mikasa. "Are you okay?"

She nods. "Yeah. I'm fine. Don't worry about me."

"I'm glad you're okay." I offer her a hand. She grabs it and I pull her up.

"Come on, you guys!" Connie exclaims. "We've got to hurry and get out of here!"

The same Titan that roared earlier, roars again and now walks out into the open to be face-to-face with another Titan.

"Shit!" Connie curses. "Two fifteen-meter Titans!"

"No." Mikasa replies. "The one that keeps roaring is different."

I look at her with a crazed look. "What? What do you mean?"

She silently points down at the alleyway she and this Titan were once in. There's a Titan skeleton laying there with steam emitting from it.

"I...I don't understand...how?" I ask, shaking my head softly.

The Titan brings his fists up into a defensive stance, seeming ready to fight the other Titan. This definitely isn't something you see every day...a Titan fighting another Titan.

The other Titan runs at the Titan, who seems to be against its own kind, but the Titan running didn't stand a chance. The Titan that put its fists up, punched the other Titan's head clean off, making the head going soaring through the sky, until it crashed into the bell tower.