⚡️ Chapter Three ⚡️

"Here." Grandpa handed Armin four bread rations. "Go find your friends and give them a piece."

"Thanks, Grandpa!" I look at Armin. "I saw Mikasa go inside the storage building, so she's probably getting Eren. Let's go."

Grandpa has sort of taken Eren and Mikasa under his care, seeing as neither of their parents are here. I'm beginning to wonder if Doctor Jaeger is still alive. He would've come to make sure his son and daughter were okay, wouldn't he?

"Y/n, slow down!" Armin calls out. "You're going to bump into someone!"

"Don't worry! We're almost to the storage building!" I yell over my shoulder.

We've almost been inside Wall Rose for a day now. The boat arrived here at the warehouse really early in the morning.

Armin and I were informed by Mikasa that instead of sleeping on the boat, like the three of us, Eren stayed up the entire night, so Mikasa tasked herself to wake him up in the storage building.

I stop once I'm in a clear opening and the storage building is in front of us. I immediately spot Eren and Mikasa walking out of the building. "Hey, guys!"

They both look over in mine and Armin's direction, as we both run over to them. Armin is being very careful to not drop the bread rations.

"Y/n...Armin..." Eren says, noticing us.

We both stop, as we reach them. "I'm glad we found you." Armin nods down toward the rations. "Here. Grandpa was able to scrounge up a little extra by telling the powers that he had kids."

I grab three bread rations from Armin's arms and hand one to Mikasa and Eren, then I keep the last one for myself.

"That was nice of him." Mikasa notes quietly.

"He wasn't lying when he said he had kids either." I take a really small bite out of my bread and quickly swallow it. "I mean, he's looking over four of them."

Someone clicks their tounge, sounding annoyed from behind Armin and I. I look behind me and see a Garrison member walking away from us.

"What's his deal?" Eren asks, looking at the Garrison member funny.

I start shaking my head. "Just ignore him, Eren. There's a shortage on food here right now."

Armin nods. "Yeah. The poor man's probably hungry." He then looks at the bread in Eren's hand. "By the way, I'd make that last. They had already been dealing with famine before we got here, so it's an ugly situation."

I sigh. "Not to mention that this far in, there's greater disparity of what people have or don't have..."

"There's nothing more gratifying then seeing your rations go to animals." That terrible statement came from the Garrison member from earlier. "I guess we've got to beef up the herd, though. Hey! Eat up! The Titans like a little meat on their bones!"

I'll admit. I'm shocked and a little angry because of what he just said, but I'm not going to do anything about it, because I don't want to get beaten up by a trained member of the Garrison.

Eren starts stomping toward the man, looking very mad. I grab his sleeve, but he just yanks his arm out of my grasp. "Eren, wait! You're thinking irrationally!"

"We might as well keep you all in cages." The man continues. "Shove all of you out to the frontlines as a buffer."

Eren kicks the man really hard in his shin, making him groan. "Ow! Damn it! You picked the wrong man, asshole!" He punches Eren and the other man with him kicks Eren to the ground, making me gasp.