⚡️ Chapter Fourteen ⚡️

"Good. We're still at seven..." Marco whispers, informing the entire group that we still have only seven Titans.

We've successfully been lowered into the supply room and everyone else are waiting on the beams above, but now...we've just got to successfully get these Titans slayed.

He abruptly aims his gun down at a Titan, making everyone else, on this lift, aim their guns. "Ok. Now...nice and easy..."

A Titan walks out in front of us and stops, before suddenly turning its head toward us. Sure, this one is scary looking, but I've only got my mind set on succeeding, so I didn't even flinch.

However, Daz, who is on the opposite side of Armin, let out a quiet shout of fear, making Marco say, "Don't lose your cool! Fire only when they're all within range!"

The Titan takes a step toward us...

"Steady..." Marco says, more so, under his breath.

The Titan takes another step, becoming right in front of us now...

I was beginning to get a little worried now. "Marco, how close is 'within range' exactly?"

"Almost..." He replies, moving his finger to the trigger of the gun. So, I put my finger on the trigger of my gun as well.

The Titan leans its face just a little closer to us, almost having its eye poked with someone's gun...

"Fire!" Marco exclaims and gunshots happen all around us, blinding the Titans that have surrounded us.

Everyone on the beams above, then jump down and cut into each Titans nape, making them fall to the ground, well...almost.

I'm pretty sure Connie and Sasha either didn't cut deep enough or just missed by accident. I can't see, because of everyone crowded on here and because of my height.

It's all okay though, because Sasha begins screaming, thanking Mikasa for saving her, but, like I said, I can't see what's happening.

"Hey!" Jean, who I can see, since he's down in front of us, yells. "They're all dead! Start loading up supplies!"

I have the biggest smile on my face. I'm so happy it worked. At least we can all restock and go out and avenge our fallen comrades. I think seeing a Titan up that close has maybe helped me to not hesitate as much when seeing one now.

"It worked!" Armin and I exclaim excitedly. I guess he's glad our plan worked too.

Suddenly, Marco starts to fall down, but Armin and I catch him before he hits the floor.

"Are you okay, Marco?" Armin asks with concern.

He nods weakly. "Yeah. It's just...it's just the pressure I felt just then..."

"I'm so sorry." I apologize. "I should've just done the commands myself instead of asking you to do it. I wasn't thinking about all the stress I pushed onto you. I'm sorry..."

He shakes his head lightly, as the lift begins lowering to the ground below. "I'm fine. Seriously."

He stands up. "You two already came up with the great plan for us. I figured you guys would be pressured enough, worrying if the plan was going to work or not, but it did." He lays a hand on both our shoulders. "Good job."

I feel my cheeks get really warm. I smile at him. "Thank you, Marco."

"Yeah. Thanks. I was worried it wouldn't work, but I'm glad it did." Armin adds.

Marco smiles softly. "You're welcome." He removed his hands from our shoulders. "I'm going to go refill my tanks. I'll see you two later!"

I nod. "Ok. We'll see you later." With that, Marco sends me a small smile and runs away from us to go refill his gas tanks and restock his blade sheaths.