⚡️ Chapter Twenty Four ⚡️

"Mikasa!" I call out, jogging over to the cart she's standing at. I hadn't seen her around since we started this recon mission.

She looks at me. "What is it? Is something wrong?"

I shake my head. "No. I'm just glad you're okay..." I look into the cart, where an unconscious Eren is laying. "What happened to Eren?"

"He transformed and got into a fight with the Female Titan. She knocked him out and bit off his nape, but kept Eren on her tongue." She explains.

I sigh. "I'm glad she didn't swallow him, but...there's got to be a reason she didn't."

"What do you mean?" She asks.

"She didn't swallow him like any other Titan would." I simply explain. "There's got to be a reason for that. I mean, I know she's different from other Titans, but I still think she would've swallowed him if she didn't have a purpose for him..."

"So...she ne-" Mikasa starts.

"Everyone saddle up and join your squads!" A squad leader commands, interrupting Mikasa. "We're riding home!"

"Well, I guess I better get with Armin." I lay a hand on her shoulder. "We'll talk later."

"Alright." She replies.

I nod and run over to Adeline, who is obediently just standing after being fed and watered.

"Hey girl..." I rub the bridge of her nose and then climb on top of her. "Let's go get Armin."

So, I ride over to the wagon where him and Jean were stacking bodies of the fallen comrades we had found. We didn't find many. I heard that there are five people we couldn't even find any trace of.

"Armin. We've got to get going." I inform.

Armin, who had just jumped off the wagon, looks up at me. "I was just about to go get my horse."

I nod. "Alright. I'll go with you then." We start to walk away from the cart to go get Armin's horse.

"Hold up!" Jean calls out, making both Armin and I stop and look back at him, as he jumps off the cart. "I'll ride along with you two."

Armin nods. "Alright."

Jean jogs over to where Armin and I had already gotten and we all walk over to the horses, well, the boys did. Adeline did all the the walking for me.

"I didn't say mourn, soldiers! Saddle up! You can mourn at a different time!" The squad leader yells.

"I wish he'd shut the hell up. People were still cleaning up from his previous order." Jean mutters.

"You probably should've kept that to yourself. Someone else might have heard you." Armin replies quietly.

"Yeah...who knows what would happen if they were to report what you said." I add, looking down at him for once in my life, since I'm on Adeline.

Jean climbs onto his horse, as Armin climbs onto his horse. "Eh. It wasn't anything major. Besides, I've heard others say worse. Let's go."

We get into our positions and wait for everyone else to get in their position, which didn't take too long. We're mainly waiting on Commander Erwin to make a command.

"Soldiers!" Commander Erwin yells, as he rides his way to the front with Captain Levi behind him. "There are no Titans in the vicinity! If we continue to ride straightforward towards the wall, we can all reach it there safely! Now ride forward!"

We all start to ride toward the wall. I honestly can't wait until we get back. This expedition has been a little stressful, but I'm sure that's mainly because it's our first expedition and just after a month of being a Scout.