⚡️ Chapter Six ⚡️

"It's aptitude test time, so listen up! There is no place for you here, if you can not perform! Fail, and you'll be shipped to the fields!" Commandant Shadis yells.

It's our official first day of training and today we're taking an aptitude test. It's going to help us when we use our ODM gear. I just hope I'll be able to balance well enough. I hope the same for all my friends I've made so far.

"Springer!" Shadis shouts.

Connie quickly salutes from behind me. "Sir!"

"Get your ass up here!" He orders. "Braus, Kirstein, Ackerman, Arlert, and Jaeger! I want your five asses up here too!"

Armin and I look at each other, then look at Commandant Shadis. "Which one, sir?"

He leans down in my face. "You!"

I nod and salute. "Yes, sir!"

The six of us start getting the hooks attached to our belts. The hooks are obviously what's going to be holding us up.

"Alright! Pull 'em up!" Shadis commands.

I hear a cranking sound from behind me, meaning someone was using the crank to pull me up. My feet soon leave the ground and as soon as that happened...BOOM!

I went swinging forward, until my head roughly hit the ground. I'm now hanging upside down and there is no way I can get back up. I'm in so much trouble...and pain.

It's hard, but I can see Armin standing out in front of me, giving me a look full of concern. I hope he does better than I am right now.

"What is your major malfunction, Jaeger?! You too, Arlert?!" Shadis asks, yelling as he normally does. "Straighten yourselves!"

I look down the row and see that everyone has succeeded in doing this, except Eren and I. Why am I the one always getting into trouble? I swear, I have the worst luck.

"I'm sorry, sir!" I apologize after trying to get back upright. "I'm afraid I can't do that, sir!"

He growls, as people chuckle at us. "If you two don't get up right now, then this is what you'll be doing first thing in the morning tomorrow!"

I try to get back up again, but I have no luck in doing so. I sigh. "I'll be up bright and early tomorrow, sir!"

"Jaeger! You try!" Shadis yells, but Eren just hangs there, as if he weren't just yelled at. "Jaeger! Move your ass!"

Eren must've come out of his little trance, because he also tries to get into an upright position, but can't. "I'm sorry, sir!"

He growls again. "Let 'em all down!"

The cranking sound starts again and my body begins lower closer to the ground. Two guys come over and unlatch the hooks from my belt, making my body fall straight to the ground.

"Ow..." I groan quietly and slowly stand up and trudge over to the crowd.

"Don't worry, Y/n." Connie lightly slaps my back.

"Yeah." Sasha throws an arm around my shoulders. "You'll get it tomorrow."

That's my question, though...will I? I don't want to be sent to the fields. I want to become a Scout to avenge my parents and Grandpa, but I also want to go see the sea with Armin, Eren, Mikasa, and all my new friends.

⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡

"Just remember the basics and you two should be fine." Mikasa assures. "There's no need to try any fancy maneuvers. Just focus on your balance. Then distribute your weight evenly between the vents on your waist and your legs."