Chapter 1

Autumn passed by in the blink of an eye. She could hear the weather report on the TV saying that the cold would come a lot sooner this year than last year.
She remembered how she could still feel the chill in the air despite wearing thick, bulky clothing when she had stepped outside. Winter had truly arrived.

Thinking that she should wear thicker clothing tomorrow, lisa raised the remote control and changed the channel.

「 Now onto the topic of Actor Jeon Jungkook and Actress Lee NaYeon's scandal... 」

The brisk voice of the reporter caused  lisa's hand to freeze in midair.The reporter was grinning as if he were talking about his own love life as a picture of Jungkook and Lee NaYeon popped up on the screen. He continued to speak in a lively tone.

     「 2 years ago, these two actors showed great chemistry as they starred in a drama together. When it was revealed that they would be starring in another drama together, they gained a lot of attention once again. While both parties have remained silent about their relationship, the fact that they haven't denied it has fueled rumors. With the influx of witnesses and witness reports that they have been seen together with mutual friends, even more attention has...」

lisa gazed at the photo of Jungkook and NaYeon hanging out with their friends. She had also seen this on the internet several times. Whenever a scandal about them resurfaced, this picture was always recirculated.

[Jeon Jungkook and Lee NaYeon.]

Their faces were turned towards each other as they walked down the sidewalk. Jeon Jungkook's hat was pressed down on his head, and Lee NaYeon was looking at him as she gave him a bright smile. No matter how one looked at it, these two looked very happy together.

When this scandal first reared its head in the past, everyone said these two suited each other very well. Whenever lisa heard this, she didn't know what to say. She didn't want to agree with their comments.

Because if she did... In this silent house, sitting at an empty table with her dinner before her, going through the pointless motions over and over again... If she agreed with these comments, she'd feel too sad.

Beep, beep.

When she heard her cellphone ring, she grabbed it and held it up. The caller ID of 'Him' popped up on the screen.

"Yeah."She put the cellphone against her ear and answered.

She heard the caller sighing on the other end of the line. lisa wanted to ask him.

Do you know when you started to sigh whenever you called me?

However, she didn't say a word and waited.

- I think I'm going to be late tonight. Because of the scandal, a swarm of reporters are here, and I'm not sure when the paparazzi will show up if I leave. I think I'll be very late, so go ahead and sleep first; 

His gentle, low voice was faintly mixed with annoyance.

"Okay."

- I'm sorry. For making you wait.

"Okay, I understand."

- I'll come back home as soon as this has been taken care of.

"...Okay."

The call ended as soon as she replied. The uproar in the background, the voice of a woman mixed in with that chaos, the sound of cars... She wasn't able to ask where he was and what he was doing. She couldn't bring herself to do it.

Jungkook was always busy and was always surrounded by people. He didn't have any time to listen to her stories. And it didn't seem like Jungkook had the time to ask his longtime lover what she was doing. It didn't seem like he could afford to explain this scandal to her either.

Standing up from her seat, lisa looked down at the cold meal on the table. There was a cake at the center of the table to commemorate the anniversary of the day they began dating.

She pulled out the unlit candles from the cake and threw them in the trash can. Then she packaged all the food on the table and put them in the refrigerator.

Today, when lisa had gone into the bakery to pick up the cake, her friend Jisoo stared at her profile. Having been close since high school, Jisoo was one of the few friends that knew of lisa and Jungkook's relationship. Seeing how lisa was clenching her hands around the cake box, Jisoo's asked with a shocked expression on her face.

"You guys have already been dating for 10 years, but you still celebrate something like this? Wow, you guys sure have a good relationship. We stopped taking care of anniversaries like this last year. But it wasn't because we both agreed to stop it. That jerk actually forgot about it! Can you believe it? That's why I told him that we should just stop celebrating events like this. I told him we'll just celebrate birthdays, and that's it. And when I told him this, he got so mad. But it looks like you two are still going strong. How nice. I'm so envious!"

At Jisoo's words, lisa merely laughed without saying anything.

She didn't say that the reason why they were doing this wasn't because they were still going strong. She was doing this because she felt that if she didn't, she'd forget that they were dating at all.

Instead, she tightly clenched her hand on the box before it almost slipped and fell down.

* * *

When she arrived home, she took out her phone to text Jungkook. However, her finger slipped, and she found herself on the internet instead. Before she could exit the browser, a window popped up. The first thing she saw was the top searched term in real time. It was Jeon Jungkook's name.

As soon as she saw his name at the top of the list, a chill entered her mind.

When she pressed her finger on his name, 'Lee NaYeon' naturally popped up next to it.

The reports began to fill the screen. Including the heart between those two names. Because it wasn't the first time the two names had been involved in a scandal, she merely skimmed through the articles.

He won't be able to come.Even though she knew this, she still prepared dinner. After Jungkook got famous, they hadn't been able to go out to eat. They'd either cook at home or have the food delivered to their house.

The one who cooked was usually her since she had more time. Even when Jungkook still hadn't contacted her by the time she was finished cooking, she still clung onto the faint hope that he'd still come.

However, as she expected, he couldn't come in the end. lisa went to bed and decided to go to sleep. She fell asleep quickly due to her exhaustion.