Chapter 35

Standing in front of a mirror, lisa turned from side to side. She took off the fur hat she was wearing. Instead, she put the baseball cap she had just taken off a few moments ago and lowered it as far as it would go.

When she put on a mask with the baseball cap, her face was completely hidden. Finally, she looked over her outfit and glanced at the clock on the wall. There was only a little bit of time left before the appointed time. She turned around and saw the Best Actor trophy on the table.

A few hours ago, after lisa had come out from washing up, she discovered that jungkook wasn't there. Instead, she found his trophy. There was a post-it stuck underneath it.

             'I felt that if I saw you come out after washing up, I wouldn't want to leave you. I'll call you later. And this is your gift'

After reading the post-it, lisa immediately texted jungkook.

[The Best Actor trophy is yours. Why are you giving this to me? I'll bring it with me when I leave to meet you.]

Jungkook must have gotten his phone back from his manager because her phone began to ring with his call.

- I told you. I'll give you that, so I want you, lisa.

"......"

- Take it as my apology for not saying your name yesterday when I received it. So make sure you come out at the promised time today. I'll be waiting.

And then he hung up. lisa stared at the trophy on the table. She didn't feel comfortable touching it in fear of getting her fingerprints on it. It was one of his life's goals. The evidence of his glory was now in her hands. lisa lifted her hand and carefully brushed her hand along the trophy.

It was cold and hard. It felt good. lisa's lips stretched into a smile. After a few more moments of blankly staring at the trophy, lisa left her apartment when it was time to leave. When she got out, she saw jungkook's car parked in front.

"Did you have a good talk with your manager-oppa?" lisa got inside the passenger seat and asked. She couldn't stop worrying about it.

"Yeah."

"Thank goodness."

"I agreed to meet with the drama director tomorrow."

When she heard this, lisa looked relieved and nodded her head. His car began to head to the underground parking garage of a movie theater that was situated on a major street. She thought they'd be going to a more secluded location, so this was unexpected. When jungkook was about to exit the car, she quickly grabbed him.

"Wear this." Lisa took out the hat and mask that she had prepared for him. jungkook looked at the hat and mask and then at lisa's face.

"I'm okay." Then he got out of the car before she could stop him. lisa got out and followed after him. She held out the hat, but he continued to refuse it. Meanwhile, two more people entered the theater with them.

"Isn't that Jeon Jungkook?"

"Huh, you're right. Daebak." The moment people began to notice jungkook, they began to whisper. As their gazes began to hone in on them, lisa took a step back.

"Where are you going?" jungkook grabbed her hand. Her small hand disappeared within his large one. Startled, lisa tried to take her hand out of his grasp, but he interlocked their fingers and tightened his hold.

"jungkook." Unable to endure it, lisa called out his name.

"Hm?" jungkook answered as he looked at the various movie posters. He was avoiding her eyes on purpose. In the meantime, more and more people began to recognize him.