Chapter 33

"What does your schedule look like today? Are you still allowed to stay here like this?" lisa picked up her cup as she asked.

"I probably don't have anything."

"Probably?" lisa asked back suspiciously. jungkook was always on top of his daily schedule so that he could be prepared for what was to come. So when he said 'probably', lisa found it very odd. When she tilted her head, jungkook stretched out his hand and softly wiped the edge of her mouth.

"After we broke up, I couldn't focus. I'll might get fired from the drama I'm shooting right now. I've probably been branded as an actor who can't act. I think I'll have to take a break for a while."

"......"

"Now that I have some time, should we go on a trip?" jungkook spoke as if he were talking about someone else. His eyes narrowed playfully.

"What about your phone?"

"It disappeared. I remember having it when I called Yunni-ssi, but... I'm not sure where it is anymore." lisa stared at him for a while before picking up her phone from the table and holding it out to him.

"No, call your manager-oppa. Ask him what the schedule is today. Tell him you'll go to work again." jungkook merely gazed at her in silence.

"You say you want to succeed, but you've always liked this work. I don't think it's right for you to behave like this. I feel bad because it feels like it's all my fault." lisa's voice faded away.

lisa knew that jungkook liked being an actor and that he did his best when it came to this career. Even when he didn't have a shoot scheduled, he'd go to meet actor seonbaes and other actors. He'd take lessons from his actor seonbaes, meet with acting coaches, and when he didn't do those things, he'd watch a movie or another drama and study the acting.

She knew that he'd gotten this far because of his hard work and practice. She didn't want to see him ruin this career he had built just because of her.

Gazing at lisa , jungkook slowly nodded his head. "Okay. I don't want to worry you. In exchange, when I get back from meeting my manager-hyung, let's go on a date."

"Date? Shall we watch a movie at home?" jungkook began to try and see which movies she had available on demand.

"Let's go to the movie theater."

"...Huh?" lisa's head snapped up.

"There's a movie I want to see. It looks like it'll be fun." jungkook said with a strange expression.

"The theater is too dangerous. People will definitely recognize you, and..." lisa spoke in a worried tone, but jungkook cut her off. His eyes, which had been resting on the cup of coffee, looked up at her. They gleamed.

"I noticed that it's been two years since we last went to the movies."

"......"

"We haven't been able to go since I debuted. We couldn't go on trips, and I don't think we've ever gone to a cafe. It was either the car or home. Do you know how much I regretted that?"

Because she loved him, lisa had to stay confined at home. He realized that it was expected given his line of work, but it had become something she had to endure.

"I didn't do anything when I was home and was waiting for you to call. One minute felt like ten years."

"......"

"And you probably felt like that everyday." jungkook's eyes turned dark.

"And that's when I realized. We've been dating for over ten years, but it didn't even amount to three years of a normal relationship. Let's stop hiding now. Let's do everything we want to do."

"But..." lisa's expression looked grave. An actor who was single could only maintain his popularity if he remained that way. His agency would definitely have a problem with it, and it was also possible that one of his contracts contained a clause that prohibited him from getting into any kind of scandal.

"I want to see you happy now." jungkook spoke up. At his words, the dizzying thoughts inside her head flew away. lisa looked at him with silent eyes. jungkook opened his mouth once again.

"Don't worry about other people. Just focus on us."

"......"

"Only focus on Lalisa's Jungkook and Jungkook's Lalisa." His eyes were still. She could see that he'd thought about this a lot. Therefore, lisa decided not to worry about it and slowly nodded her head.

"Okay."

when he heard lisa's reply, jungkook smile brightly. then lifted the coffee towards his mouth.

It was just another peaceful morning.