eighteen.

"Tampered Memories"

DRACO MALFOY

She stormed out of my dorm, rattling the door shut behind her. She was angry. Angrier than I've ever seen her be. She seemed mad at me — was mad at me. I didn't do anything, Parkinson did. Bloody fucking Parkinson. I should have done something; should have stopped Pansy, should have kicked her out of my dorm the second she walked in. I hate seeing Adams upset, it pulled at my nerves more than it should, but I do admit she looked fit when she got bonkers.

I picked my wand up off the floor and spun it between my fingers before tossing it onto my four-poster. Pansy was standing at the mirror beside my dresser. The look of her made me want to strangle the pathetic soul out of her. I wanted to scrub my mouth out with soap and wash it down with firewhisky to get rid of Parkinson's mouth being on mine.

"Parkinson, what the fuck."

She still had pug ears and a scrunched nose. Her eyes were red and a wee swollen from her crying.

"What? I was just having a little fun," she smirked innocently, walking up to me and feeling up my chest.

I gripped onto her wrists tightly and shoved her off of me. "Would you fucking stop?"

Her eyes narrowed. "What's with you, Draco?"

"Why did you lie to her like that!?" My teeth were baring. "Everything that came out of your mouth was a bloody fucking lie and you know it!"

"So what? Loosen up, Draco. It was just a gag." She grabbed my wand off my four-poster and casted a counter-spell on herself. It didn't work. She hissed under her breath, "Fucking cunt snapped my wand and yours doesn't work for shite." She turned around to face me. "Besides, you even said so yourself that you were playing upon her and that she was nothing to you."

She was right, I did say it. Because Merlin knows what Pansy fucking Parkinson would do if she heard the truth. Once she hears, or sees, something on the verge of gossip, everyone hears. I didn't want that and clearly Adams didn't either if she denied it as well. She was embarrassed of me. Pansy's better off hearing a lie anyway if it means I can protect myself — if it means I have to hurt Kinley in the process. I didn't want to hurt her. I hate hurting her. I fucking loathe it.

But I don't know how not to hurt her.

No one would believe me if I said Kinley Adams, a Gryffindor, a half-blood, drove me mad. No one would believe me if I said my heart raced around her. No one would believe me if I said it wasn't a gag, or a foolish game, or a way to get off. It's easier to pretend it's nothing, so that's how I'll treat it.

"That doesn't mean bring her in my dorm after curfew and torment her," I said, my tone cold.

"You're no fun anymore, I thought it was quite reasonable. We don't need a maggot like her putting in with the Slytherins."

I rolled my eyes. If it were anyone else I would agree with her, but Kinley Adams, she was different. Why was she different? Pansy turned in the mirror and gasped at the pug tail still attached to her.

"I'm hideous!" she cried. "Change me back, Draco. I can't even look at myself."

I shook my head. "No. You got yourself into this mess, you can find your own way out." I wasn't going to help. She deserved it, and more.