five.

"Pumpkin Eater"

KINLEY ADAMS

My dorm was cold. Much colder than usual. And very echoey if I'm being exact. I opened my eyes to the bright sunlight beaming off of my skin. The more I started to wake up the more I realized how foreign the scenery was. This is definitely NOT my dormitory.

Merlin's beard I fell asleep in the Astronomy tower!?

"Oh no, what time is it?" I said as I stood up from the floor, talking to myself.

Unaware of the time I brushed down my robes and quickly combed my fingers through my long dark hair and ran down to the Great Hall for breakfast. Luckily, I still had my robe on so I didn't look too out-of-the-loop. Walking through the doorway I noticed everyone was there already.

Alright, I don't think I'm that late.

As I get to the Gryffindor table I am greeted by Harry, Ron, and Hermione who were already seated. And there they were again, flirting their arses away. My heart felt heavy. Like there was some sort of weight pushing down against my ribs and into my heart, but I chose to ignore the feeling.

I sat down next to Ron.

"Kinley, hi!" Ron said as he wrapped his arm around the back of my neck and kissed my forehead.

"Hi," I smiled weakly.

"We missed you yesterday," he continued.

"Yeah," Hermione said while leaning forward on the table so she could see me. "You never showed up for dinner and you weren't in our dorm last night. Where were you?" She asked concerningly.

Er, what do I say?

"Oh, I just uh — well I fell asleep in the uh — in the common room." Lie. "You didn't see me?"

"No, I guess I didn't." She looked confused.

"Well,' Harry said while cutting into his French toast, 'you didn't miss much."

"Yeah, except for the part when Harry was drooling over Cho," Ron said while breaking out into laughter.

Hermione started nudging Ron while laughing with him.

"Shut up, the lot of you!" Harry blurted out and looked at Cho who was already staring at him.

I chuckled to ease the mood. It was funny, I do admit, but my mind is still in a different headspace. I have to talk to Ron about this whole situation tonight. I can't keep pushing off my feelings and leaving myself in the dark about what is going on between the two.

"So, Kinley, Ravenclaw is throwing a party tonight. Cho invited us, do you want to go?" Harry asked.

"Yeah sure, sounds fun."

"Brilliant. We'll meet in their common room at 6 pm."

Honestly a party is the last thing I want to do today but I might as well have some fun to distract my mind.

"You're going as my date Ron, right?" I said as I looked at him.

He looked towards Hermione and then back at me smiling. "Of course, Kinley."

Hermione was smiling softly.

I rested my hand on my cheekbone and I looked down towards my plate of food and began toying around with my eggs, pushing them from one side of the plate to the other. I could probably sleep for another 5 hours if I really wanted to. In my bed though, not the cold cement floors of the astronomy tower. As everyone continued talking I decided to go to the loo just to clean myself up a little and to clear my head again.