Temptation

AN: so it's be a weird week lol. im sorry there's that weird comment on the last chapter. i had a falling out with fake ppl and they ended up stalking me to tell me they hated me here and i just didn't feel like writing after that. it's really childish and I've reported it to wattpad, but idk if they really do anything abt that kind of stuff. the people are blocked and i have done my best for them to not have access to me anymore. im gonna continue living my life tho and not let them take this little sliver of happiness and peace from me like they did with my other passion :/ but thank u for the people who reached out who either saw my message board or saw the message left on the last chapter ♥ i am in a better place and have the help and resources in my life to help me move forward. sorry this is a long note, but i just felt i needed to apologize since it shocked me that they would even do that lol

 sorry this is a long note, but i just felt i needed to apologize since it shocked me that they would even do that lol

The day creeps on, though everything is a blur. Kate and Selina don't talk about tonight and the plans. Kate disappears into her private gym. Selina stays in the living room, for the most part, watching videos and lazing around. You spend your time pacing around the condo, thinking about the new responsibilities you may take. You try not to seem so worried, however, not wanting to alert Selina who watches you over the top of her phone. You ignore her looks, slipping into your room.

Selina knocks on your door hours later when it's time to get ready as you get out of the shower. Timidly, you open your door to let her in. "You're not dressed?" She asks, crossing her arms, scowling. You shake your head and point to the bed, hoping you didn't upset her. You had the outfits Bruce grabbed on the bed. They have tags on them still. You wonder when he purchased them. You don't remember seeing them in your closet. She paces, looking them over. "Okay... Interesting." She touches the first one. It's a white mini slip dress. She eyes you and then slides her sharp finger to the other dress. It's a green y-neck bandeau with a cutout attached to a short mini skirt.

"These are pretty cute. I don't know if they're 44 Below worthy, but cute." You stand behind her, keeping your mouth in a line. "What would be 44 Below worthy?" You ask, eyeing the black option. It's your least favorite option as it has the most extra cut-out in the front and a black pleather bikini in place. She taps her finger on it. "I mean I would go with this. You won't stand out as much as wearing colors." You scoff quietly, pointing at the cutout. "I'd say I'd still stand out." She smiles, "You flatter yourself. I don't really care what you wear. I just need you to do your part of this."

You didn't realize how close you two are until you see the tiny freckles across her nose, and thick lashes around her dark brown eyes. You clench your jaw, looking away. "I can do your makeup if you hurry up. You're gonna want to look like someone else and not yourself." You nod as she heads to the door. You decide on the white dress because it's the most comfortable looking out of all of them. You won't have to worry about any slips or extra eyes. You smooth the skirt as you check the bag for different shoes. Your red shoes would be a giveaway and also uncomfortable to go another night in. Luckily, Bruce thought of that and you pull out the shopping bag of three boxes of shoes. You would ask him how he went shopping so early as you find the matching shoes, white thigh-high boots with chunky heels. You check yourself in the mirror as someone else knocks on the door.