Doll Parts

You can only give a little thought to potentially setting up a mission with Kate for Scarecrow as you realize you won't be able to use the Batcave with Sabrina during the day. You don't want to be a night owl like Bruce, however. Bruce is sitting in the dining room reading the paper this morning while he eats oatmeal.

"Did you find anything from the website?" You ask casually as you sit across from him. He's shirtless with his regular black sweats and sunglasses. He glances up at you, his sunglasses more tinted than usual. "A little bit, but I'm fighting the encryption. Should be finished later." He returns to his reading.

"How was last night?" You ask as you sit, knowing Sabrina will be over soon. Bruce exhales through his nostrils. "Stopped a drug bust with the contaminated drops. I asked the dealer who his supplier was. He didn't tell me a name I'm familiar with..." He trails off when he hears Alfred at the door. "Ah, Mrs. Hernandez. Always with a smile bright and early."

Bruce pushes his glasses higher, a bruise peeking under his right lens. Before you can react and ask if he's okay, you quickly say, "You gotta tell Sabrina." Bruce's lips tighten into a line as he shakes his head. "Too risky." You and he keep glancing at the dining room entrance as you continue to whisper to each other. "But I can't work and research with her here. She needs to know."

"It's complicated. The more people who know, the more I can be compromised."

"I don't know what you want me to do then. I don't want to spend my nights researching."

Bruce opens his mouth to reply when Sabrina appears. Bruce ducks his head, and his hair covers his eyes. "Good morning, Waynes. I hope I'm not interrupting." Sabrina says with her usual warm smile. "Oh, you're not dressed," Sabrina adds, noting your pajamas, consisting of an old t-shirt and sweats. You glance down and nod, "Oh yeah. I was a little tired so running slow..." Sabrina shakes as she peers at the silent Bruce. "We're going to look at wedding dresses today with Dory."

Your brows shoot up. "Not Lucy?" Alfred walks in, cutting to the kitchen. "Oh, Lucy has a doctor's appointment, so she's letting Dory do it."

"A doctor's appointment?" You ask—Alfred answers for Sabrina, "Just a wellness check, dear. Dory has the same amount of fashion knowledge and helpfulness as Lucy. Besides, we're trying to save money, and Dory is better at that." Alfred says before disappearing into the other room.

You two don't even notice Bruce disappearing as well. Sabrina's eyes widen as she glances at his empty seat. "My goodness. My other theory is that he's a vampire or something. I don't know. There's something about that young man." You chuckle at her assumption and hope Bruce changes his mind and also ices his eye. He can only wear the glasses for so long before people have questions.

Dory waits by the front door patiently, as ready as you can be. You decide to wear a black maxi dress and black boots, things relatively easy to get in and out of. You have an idea of what you want your dress to be, but the picture gives you goosebumps when you think about it. You only have one shot at this wedding and need the perfect, comfortable dress. Everyone will judge it no matter what, but you only imagine Bruce's reaction. You wonder if he would cry at the wedding when he sees you. It feels surreal as you hurry down the stairs, your boots loud and knocking. Dory and Sabrina look up as Dory gives you a disapproving frown.

You slow down as you grab your jacket. "I'm sorry I'm running late."

The corner of her lips perks up slightly as she shakes her head, "No need to worry, dear. I invited your mother but forgot she had a meeting today."

You tilt your head, wondering why Dory would know that. "Oh..." You can't hide your feelings, your heart sinking a little knowing your mom would want to be a part of this: no Lucy and no Mom.