Somewhere Tonight

AN: lil promo, but while i was researching, i remembered that matt reeves said that good time was the movie that made him want to cast rob as batman and i watched it and got carried away~ made a one-shot. it's nsfw so minors dni ♥ https://www.wattpad.com/story/311001926-lies-from-your-gold-teeth-nsfw ♥ okay back to ur original programming lol

com/story/311001926-lies-from-your-gold-teeth-nsfw ♥ okay back to ur original programming lol

Neither of you speaks as you head to the VIP entrance to leave. "Wait," you say holding Kate's hand as you halt. She's concerned, stepping closer. You motion to your purse, the deed.

"Drop it off somewhere," Kate says quickly, nodding towards the bathrooms.

There are girls in there, chatting about various topics, but specifics can't reach your ears as your heart thuds in your chest. You feel their stares as you say polite hellos, going to the stall furthest away and pulling out the deed. What will you do with it? You can't just leave it. What if they don't find it?

"Put it in the tile behind the toilet. Girls put all the money and other shit back there unless Oz sealed it." Selina suggests and you're so grateful she's in your ear. Your hands shake as you feel for a loose tile, hoping no one would notice.

Kate rests against the door, "I'm sorry for bringing you out babe if you're unhappy. We can talk about this." You know she's still playing it up because you're taking a while. The tile is harder to move, but after some deep breathing and believing in yourself, you manage to pull it from the wall, just enough to slip the paper through. "It's whatever Kate. I don't care." You say as you try to shut it, flushing the toilet to make for distraction. From what you saw, there are already things back there. It will be found tonight.

You take a deep breath as you walk by Kate, sniffing as if you were crying. Kate rests her hand on your hip, bringing you closer. "I'll always be here for you baby."

You wash your hands quickly, noticing some of the lingering girls staring. You hide your face as you walk out, a smile threatening to spread on your cheeks, feeling accomplished. "We should dance and then go," Kate says as soon as you're on the elevator. "How are you doing?" You ask looking towards Kate.

"Penguin wants me dead. Nothing new. I'm curious about Jay, but it's whatever. Hopefully, he'll leave me be once he finds the deed." Selina replies. "We have enough information about Scarecrow as well. Still, be on your guard. If Oz is telling the truth about cutting him off, then he will retaliate and you are still his number one target."

A shiver goes down your spine as you meet Kate's eyes. You've never had a nemesis before. There was never a reason for one to exist for you, but now a mad scientist wants you dead. You fear what that may mean for you and your safety outside of the precautions Bruce has already put in place. Nowhere is safe. Every tall thin white man that looks your way could be him.

Kate pulls you into an embrace, her face inches from yours as the elevator opens. She pulls away, looking at the men who wait lazily as a smirk comes to her lips. From their perspective, you two probably shared a kiss. You swallow hard, flustered and nervous as she leads you to the dance floor.