Honey Molasses (NSFW)

an: lmk if it sounds a lil ooc. idk why bruce was sounding not like himself to me if that makes sense... lol; anywaysssss i like the idea of bruce getting too worked up sometimes

Bruce is already seated, his resting frown there as he stares off into space

Bruce is already seated, his resting frown there as he stares off into space. You wonder what he's thinking about as you enter the dining room. Alfred comes in after, stopping his walk to the kitchen when he feels the old familiar tenseness between you. His eyes go between you and Bruce, who returns to Earth and looks back at Alfred.

"Everything alright, Bruce?" He asks, resting his hand on the back of your chair. You wonder if Alfred is aware of the news. "It will be," Bruce says with a tight smile. Alfred pats your chair without saying another word, heading to the kitchen. You wonder where he was all day anyway.

Bruce's foot runs against yours under the table, sending goosebumps down your spine. You slip your slipper off, running your socked foot against his shin as he leans forward, resting his chin on his hands. "Mrs. Wayne..." He says quietly, his eyes slowly raising to meet yours. "I want to know about the new job." You speak as your foot inches up higher against his knee. He lets out the breath he's been holding, his hand going to your exploring foot as you inch up his thigh.

"You've seen Charlie's Angels?" He asks, putting your foot down. You nod, raising your eyebrow. "Well, Kate, Richard, and I are your Angels." You laugh at the analogy, wondering how that is his first thought. "You research the main people we're looking into and any other threats. I used to devote hours to it, but I no longer have the time."

He looks towards the kitchen as Alfred returns with Jacques, Dunham, and the meal. Your mouth salivates as the plate is set in front of you, slipping your slipper back on. Jacques pats Bruce on the back, a big smile on his face. "Thank you, Monsieur Wayne, for inviting me back. But also, thank you for sending me back home." He sighs, looking at you and sending a code between you and Bruce and Alfred. "It's great to have you back. I'm sure you and Dunham will make the best meals."

Jacques nods as you ignore his messages, your stomach growling too loudly. "Of course! You know, Madam (L/N) was thinking about an engagement party to share the best meals with more people." Your cheeks heat as you pick up your fork. Bruce knows and nods while Alfred gives you an admonishing glance.

"When does she plan on having this?" Alfred asks, setting his towel over his shoulder. You notice when he gets irritated, his posh accent starts to fall away to reveal his real one. "It's alright, Alfred. We can have it." He raises his eyebrow as he takes a seat next to Bruce. Jacques sits next to you, and you awkwardly push around the asparagus, unsure if you can eat. Bruce cuts into his lobster tail, giving you silent permission as Alfred's eyes cut to all three of you.

"Have you forgotten that your funds are now cut off, Mr. Wayne? Where do you think we have in the budget for an engagement party? Lucy will want to go crazy just with (Y/N)'s wardrobe alone, let alone the cost of the food to feed people; where will those people stay, where will we have it?" He rubs the bridge of his nose.