Colombia

AN: deceased parents cw

Time moves quickly as you toss everything you can think of in the duffel. Bruce is back in incognito, using his dark glasses to hide his dark melted makeup. Kate lets him in, confused as she ends her call with Renee. "Is everything okay?" You hear her ask. You can't hear Bruce which doesn't surprise you, the heaviness of his boots giving away his steps to you.

"Are you ready?"

You shake your head, pointing at the bag. He helps gather the clothes he bought as you slip the wig from your head. "I forgot to give this to Selina." He shakes his head. "You can leave her things here. I think she will come back tonight after she settles some other business." He rests his hand on the small of your back as you zip the bag. "Thank you for helping us. I know it was so dangerous and I was so terrified for you, but you handled it like a professional."

You smile turning to him, "You think so?"

He nods, touching your cheek. "Of course."

Your lips meet briefly before he picks up the duffel. "Let's get you home."

Your hands interlace as he leads you out. You give Kate a quick hug as she lets you two out. "Feel free to visit anytime. Don't be a stranger and Bruce, don't be a dick to my friend!" Bruce rolls his eyes as you two get on the elevator. "Good night, Kate."

The ride home is quiet. Bruce is lost in his thoughts as he speeds home. You slip in and out of consciousness, the last couple of days heavy on your mind and body as the streetlights fade in front of your eyelids. You start when he opens your door. Bruce kneels, resting his hand on your shoulder to steady you. "I can carry you up if you want." Sleepily you agree as his strong arms wrap around your body, lifting you from his shiny black car. You rest your head against his shoulder, smirking as he carefully closes the door. It's odd returning to your home after being gone. You don't know why you expect everything to be different, but you can tell even in the dark it is the same as it has been. Alfred, Dory, and Lucy are on top of the upkeep and whatever comes with their job and Bruce.

"Master Wayne! I wasn't expecting you until morning." Alfred says, his voice husk with slumber. "It's alright, Alfred. I wanted to bring (Y/N) home," Bruce replies as he reaches the central stairs. "Is she alright?" Alfred asks, you could hear his worry so you take all your strength to sit up and nod. "I'm just tired, Alfred." He relaxes, relief sweeping his body. "We'll see you in the morning," Bruce says as he starts his climb.

You wonder if you're heavy to him, but Bruce doesn't make a fuss. He suggested it anyway. He lies you on the softest bed in the world before he disappears in your bathroom. You can't sleep in your makeup and club clothes. You grimace, leaving the welcoming embrace of the bed to change. You choose a soft cream baby doll dress to sleep in, fighting the urge to rub the fabric against your face. You hear Bruce start the shower and you sigh. You would have to shower in the morning then. You leave the closet, still holding your pajamas as you head to the bathroom. Bruce is only in his underwear when you walk in. You're surprised, thinking he would have gotten in already but he's staring intently at his phone.

"Are you okay?" You ask, turning on the water for your makeup removal process. He looks equally surprised to see you before his brows knit low. "No. I just found a lead, but I don't know what this means. I'll have to ask Gordon." He tosses his phone on the ottoman before turning to you. "Do you want to join me?"

"In asking Gordon?" You ask confused. He laughs, stepping forward. "No, join me in the shower." You try to hide your curiosity by shrugging. "We don't have to do anything, (Y/N) if you do not want to." His reassurance eases you a bit and you nod. "I don't wanna sleep smelling like a club." He kisses your forehead as he slips his underwear down. You don't stare, but he also doesn't give you the chance as he enters the shower.