What Ever Happened

Sabrina keeps talking about her daughter to fill the dead air and you half-listen, thinking about Kara. She'll be grateful that you brought Sabrina as protection, but you know she'll be flustered and tell you that maybe bringing your security guard is too much. You park in the garage away from people, feeling anxiety in the pit of your stomach. Sabrina gets out, crossing her arms. "Don't worry, Miss (L/N). I got you." You appreciate her enthusiasm as you disconnect your phone, and get out of your car.

Kara texts a few times, asking where you are and apologies for rushing you. "I'm in the parking garage. So far clear. Are you in your hotel still?" You text back as you lean against your car. "I'm checking where she is so I know where we're going." You say seeing Sabrina eye you when you don't move. "Roger that."

Kara calls you after you send your text. You hope that nothing terrible happened to your friend in the time it took you to get here. "Hi! I'm in my hotel room. I was about to head to the luncheon if you wanna meet me halfway." Kara says before you can speak. You turn on your heel, going towards the hotel. "We'll meet you halfway." You reply as Sabrina follows in tow.

"We?" Kara asks. You hear the disappointment in her voice. "I'll explain when I see you."

She takes a deep breath and you hear the door softly click. "Fine, (Y/N). I hope Bruce is prepared for whatever my father has for him."

You chuckle, rolling your eyes. "It's not Bruce." She pauses before replying. "I don't like surprises, dear."

"I have a bodyguard. You're not the only one in Gotham who needs protecting," You joke, hoping your friend would ease her tensions knowing you're protected.

"A bodyguard? Oh my god. I don't know if I should be happy or more nervous." Kara says with a laugh. "Like I am grateful for the extra protection, but like... What if something happens?"

"Well, we'll have Sabrina and Bruce to protect us." You say as you enter the lobby connected to the parking garage.

It's busier than usual with smart-looking people and reporters. You feel like you stick out like a sore thumb, but Sabrina jumps into security mode. "We're in the lobby." You say quickly as Sabrina steps in front of you right before some reporter comes over. "The lady doesn't want to answer any questions, sir," Sabrina says, putting her hand on the man's chest who gets too close.

"I just have a few questions for (Y/N)! I'm Clark Kent from the Daily Planet. I have a few questions about the gas attacks around Gotham." Clark Kent. You recognize the name from Kate or maybe the Gala from a while ago. Bruce shot him down you think. You tap Sabrina on the shoulder as you end the call. You don't know if Kara is still on the line, but you want to help Clark, help get your terrorist in jail the best you could.

"I am not behind them if you wanted to know, but I know who is. I can't say who because he keeps threatening my life..." You say softly, as you step closer.

He's very handsome with a defined jawline, jet black hair, and light blue eyes. You wonder when journalists have gotten attractive as you look away from seeing Kara. "I know this is a bad time, ma'am because of the convention, but I've been looking into the strange gas and patterns and I would love to hear more. Here's my card." Kara is also struck by him, her eyes glued to his face as you barely tear yours away to look at the rectangle with his information. "I hope we'll be in touch." He smiles at Kara before it dawns on him who she is.

"Here's my card as well Doctor del Mar. I would love to interview you about your newest finds and inventions. I will be taking notes during your speech as well." He shakes her hand before handing her another card. "Yeah, sure. I'd love to do you-THAT!" Kara says, her smile widening as she blinks rapidly, looking at you and Sabrina and trying to ignore Clark. "Of course ma'am. Good luck to both of you." He starts to walk away when he sees Sabrina scowling before he returns.