Infrunami

Bruce opens his menu, silent still. "You didn't have to follow me." You say softly, leaning forward. He holds his head low, eyes on the menu as he reads, scoffing. "I hate that you think so low of me, (Y/N). I'm not stalking you." You sit back, not believing him. "I got the results back, but they're not going to do anything because there's too much media surrounding Crane. He won't do anything because he has the attention of esteemed professionals. Oz won't do anything because he has similar attention. He'll most likely stop the drops coming in and out of his club for the next couple of days until the media moves on to something else." He looks defeated to admit this as he focuses on the menu. "I have Kate looking into it while I'm not in Gotham."

"Not in Gotham?" You repeat.

He nods as Faith returns. "I'll get a BLT, but can I get it to go?" She nods, taking his menu. "Of course, Mr. Wayne. Right away. Straight away!" He chuckles at her earnest behavior as she leaves. "I'm remembering why I do not go out in public." He rubs his head, pushing his hair back as your eyes meet. "I can't waste resources going to Gotham for patrols right now. If I'm not needed, then I have to work on this thing with the Enterprises." You wait expectantly, knowing he must have thought of a plan. "I'm meeting with a Lucius Fox tomorrow morning. He's a very smart man, a businessman, an entrepreneur, and an inventor of sorts. I met him when I was doing a tour of Paris with my university. He's in town this week and with everything with the Enterprise, I think he will be a key for me." You nod, listening to Bruce speak. You could listen to him talk forever you realize, even if you don't really know what he means.

"We will be busy tonight, however," Bruce says as Faith returns with his sandwich. It seems quicker than usual, but you figure she told them it was for Bruce Wayne. It's in a brown cardboard box with the company name printed in cursive and a black bow. It's almost like a PR box. Bruce hands her his heavy black card and she marvels at it for a moment for going to run it.

"What are we doing tonight?" You ask once she leaves. "Wouldn't you like to know?" He winks as Faith returns. "Thank you so much for coming out tonight!" He nods his head as he pulls out a couple of twenties for the tip.

You don't see his car when you walk out. "I got a driver." He explains when you turn to him. You hand him your keys, not wanting to drive him. He adjusts the driver's seat, nervous. You don't think you've seen him nervous in a car before but you wish you kept the keys as he turns to you. "I'm sorry. This was my mother's car and I haven't been in it since I was a little boy..." You rest your hand on his thigh.

"It's okay, my love. I can drive if you want." He shakes his head as he starts the car. "I'm more comfortable driving." You put your seatbelt on as he pulls out of the parking lot. "Do you like football?" You make a face, shaking your head. "Not really." He laughs, "Don't worry, I don't either." It doesn't surprise you as he explains your plans.

"We're going to the game tonight. The Enterprises has shares with the Gotham Knights and I know for a fact that some of the execs will be there tonight in the luxury box. So will we." Your eyebrow raises. "What do you even wear to a football game?" He glances over at you. "Probably something like you're wearing except in the team colors." Your stomach slicks, thinking about going to the game, being around those people who think less of you. "There are two things going on here: I'm showing interest in the Enterprise and whatever goes on with the money ei: supporting the team and they see us together. They can say it's PR, but they won't be able to deny us as much when they see us without added cameras and flair that typically come with fake relationships."

You chuckle in disbelief. "You think they'll believe it?"

He shrugs, "I gotta start with something for us. I think doing more of these outings will help though so I'll leave that to you. Remember when you said you wanted us to do normal things? Here is your chance. It'll be dangerous no doubt because of what I'm doing, but this will help us. Like tomorrow morning after breakfast with Mr. Fox, we'll go look at rings." You peek over at him, your heart skipping beats. "You're very serious about marrying me?"