43

43- Broken

Sid pov,

I was lost in my work that I forgot to notice the time. She might wait for me. Already her health is messed up, I want to take her to my doctor today. I marched out of my conference hall. As I passed out of empty cabins to reach her cabin, I saw it empty. My phone started ringing. The caller id scares me.

“Doctor”

I picked up the call instantly. “Hello, doctor”

“You got the best result you wanted. Come to my clinic to collect" She warmed my ears with a joyous thing. I jumped in happiness. She is safe. I got in my car and rushed to the clinic.

As I entered the doctor’s cabin, my eyes fell on Sana who is crying.

I reached her in two steps, placing my hand on her shoulder “baby” I whispered. She got up with a jerk from the chair. I never seen this reaction from her. I looked at the doctor, who was staring at me.

“She is?” I asked to confirm.

“She is pregnant, but she wants to abort that baby,” the Doctor spoke out freaking me up.

“What!!” I shouted at Sana with rage.

“I don’t want this baby, even you don’t want it” She scowled in a reckless tone, pissing me up. I didn’t expect this from her.

“No, we can’t abort this baby,” I said in a serious tone fisting my palm.

“It’s my wish!” She snapped, moving away from me. I signed at the doctor to give me some space. She walked out, leaving us alone.

I moved close to her and gently took her in my embrace, “Calm down, baby. How can you kill that innocent soul” I asked caressing her tummy.

“It’s correct for his future. I don’t want him,” she shouted in anger, pushing me away.

“You shouldn’t. That baby is mine. I want him out in this world.” She tried to push me back pissing me “ Enough!! I will decide what you should do!! Get set in your mind. I won’t let you abort my baby,” I said in a serious tone.

“My wish!! You shouldn’t say what I want!” She shouted, walking away from me. I pulled her back into my embrace, twisting her hand behind her.

“I want you pregnant and I made that contract as I want you to bear my baby. Clause no 16 - Anything you get by this relation belongs to me. This baby belongs to me, and I can’t let you kill him. You like it or not, you will give birth to my baby,” I popped out the hidden secret of my contract. She looked in shock with her teary eyes. I know my truth will hurt her, but I want my baby. I want a legal heir.

“Means, you planned to ruin my life along with a baby” She choked in tears. Her words pierced my heart. I didn’t mean to use her, but it happened. I left her free, seeing her pain.

“Wait in the car. I will be in a minute,” I said, taking a few steps back. As my eyes followed her from the glass walls. She walked out of the clinic and got in my car without looking at me.

“Doctor, can you tell me about her condition? Can she carry this baby?” I asked the doctor. She smiled at me. “she is fine, but stress can hurt her baby. I know you’re so desperate to have a baby in your life and got that, but her will is important, she should be happy about being a mother. You have to assure her as it’s ok. I’m doing everything in your favor, but that little girl is unaware of the things going around. Why have you hidden the truth from her? Why didn’t you disclose her about your need?” Doctor asked straight, looking into my eyes. I’m scared of her reaction. I never expected her to be pregnant so soon.

“I will explain her” I signed walking towards the door.

“You will lose her forever if it stresses her like this. She should be happily relaxed. It’s a complicated case. Her walls are weak. If you opt to have this baby, she should accept it wholeheartedly. If she aborts this baby, she can never be a mother ever. Make her strong psychologically. Remove her insecurities!!” The doctor stated. I felt myself shiver at the bitter situation. I can’t let her suffer or my baby die.

“I will explain, and we will get back to you soon,” I said, walking out with a heavy heart.

William dropped her home by the time I’m home. It had pin-drop silence. The one who used to come jumping to pick my bag is nowhere. I ignore my pain and walked towards my room.

Sobs caught my ear as I passed by her door. I opened her door with its closed partially. My eyes fell on her fragile body lying on her bed sobbing into her pillow. I don’t want to break her, but don’t know why she is not ready to have this baby? She loves children, then why not she has her own baby?

I brushed off my questions, moving closer to her. I placed my hand on her shoulder. As she felt my hand, she would up with a jerk.

Her eyes are red, throwing daggers at me. “Baby!” I mumbled, moving closer.

“Why you did this? Why you did this, Sid?” She shouted in tears, grabbing my blazer in her fist.

“Baby, we..”

“How can you do this? I felt this relationship will mess my life but nothing else. I thought, this will end one or other day, but why? Why do you want to get this baby? Do you know what that baby is called? You know what this society name my baby?” She cried, grabbing my shirt.

“That baby is ours. He will be ours,” I tried to control her flowing emotions.

“Why this happened? I had pills then how I got pregnant,” she snapped pulling my face towards her.

“They are vitamin capsules I gave you to increase your health condition” I popped out the truth. She sobbed out loud, holding her head crying out.

“Baby, please... Don’t cry”

“I did a very big mistake. I trusted you. I felt only my life will get affected. But his future? You know, my mom is much better than me. At least she made me an orphan, but you... You want my baby... You know what this society refers him? A child born to an unmarried mother... What they refer him? What will be his life? Please let me abort this baby. I don’t want him to get insulted in this cruel society. I sold my dignity, but not at the cost of someone else self-respect. I don’t want to give him the worst life." She cried, falling on my feet. It has broken my heart seeing her tears. She didn’t even cry like this when I broke her for the first time.