50

"by the way shua, parents prepared a family dinner.. do you mind if you could join us?.. for the last time."

i nodded at clarisse and let out a small smile. "yes, sure."

she nodded too. "okay.. shall we go already?" 

for the second time, i nodded as i went on the other side of my car to open the passengers door for her. she seemed surprised about my sudden actions that ive saw how she flinched that i was the one who opened the door for her, she blinked thrice before she let out a small smile and soft thank yous for me before she finally loaded my car. when i entered my car, my brows furrowed upon feeling her eyes to me which made me jerked my head to her while i was trying to wear my seatbelts, i had to arched her a brow because she was staring at me quite longer now. she shook her head as she pursed her lips then she looked outside as i started to maneuver the car. 

there was an awkward and defeaning silent in between our spaces while we are passing by the highway of westwood going to her parents residence as per she said, they've prepared a family dinner. i shot her a glance and saw her bitting her finger nails while staring at the outside and she seemed zoning out for i dont know the reasons. i was about to ask her what was she's been thinking, but i controlled myself for being this close and gentle towards her... since she said, things would've become so hard for her if i continued being friendly, sweet and caring towards her which i actually am even in other people plus im just being civil and im being professional but it seemed she doesn't like it that way, i guess i should really control myself. 

it took us almost thirty minutes to arrived at her parents front yard as i parked my car on the side. she didnt waited for me to open the door for her at nauna na syang lumabas nang sasakyan which i didnt mind as i just went out of my car after ive got my keys. her both parents.. i mean, her mother and father greeted us, or more specifically me as they called me using the nickname they had given me before. i had also greeted them back, even her sister and her sister's daughter who seemed to like me that much that she jumped to me the moment she saw me inside their house then i carried her and cooed at her like as if she was still a baby. clarisse was just staring at us, but when i caught her, she looked away. 

though things didnt go well as planned between clarisse and i, but her parents kept their closeness to me and they even are friendly like as if nothings happened between me and their precious daughter. they were even the one who served me my plate and they encourage me to eat plenty since they really cooked all the dishes they served in the dinning for me.. actually, even if clarisse didnt asked me if i dont mind having a family dinner with her parents, im still going to make it. honestly, her parents was the one who called me last night saying they wanted to see me for the last time before i flew myself back in korea and planned to permanently stay and live there. 

"when was your flight once again, josh? clarisse had informed me that the last time i just couldn't remember well.." mommy.. or i mean misis torres had asked me prolly opening a new topic. 

i pursed my lips. "by the next day, mom. after lunch."

i saw how clarisse, her sister and her father had exchange some glances as clarisse pursed her lips and continued eating though ive saw that she seemed had lost some of her appetite after hearing my response from her mother's question. though i dont want to bring that topic out, but guess that no matter how much i prayed to, tatanungin at tatanungin padin nila ako about that matter. they are all aware naman from the start about that matter they brought up right now, they both agreed as per they thought it was the only way for us to be free and be happy again and they also signed and supported our decision... our decision to finally separate.