Chapter 22

ADAM POV

The glowing was bright and Austin came rushing out of the house, wings exposed and eyes a vibrant purple. 

"Leave."

The group of wolves and rouges looked at the man like he was crazy. Josh scuffed and brought his claws out. 

"Make us."

Austin lowered his guise and brought purple energy to his hand and shot it at a mutt that was trying to sneak around to attack Rose. The dog disintegrated on contact. We all stared where the mutt once stood. 

"Now leave, before you mess with the timeline anymore."

I looked at him confused. Timeline? What is going on with the timeline? The group didn't ask any more questions but the two cousins turned to look at the Aurora. 

"This isn't done Wood. This was just the taste of what is to come."

I turned back to where Hayden was still hacking up a storm. Once the group left Austin's godly glow vanished and he staggered a bit. I heard him mumble under his breath. 

"Get him inside, I will fetch the recruits."

I turned to him with a questioning look. 

"How do you know who will join?"

He rolled his eyes and walked away. I helped Nolan pick up Hayden with his arms looped over our shoulders. Dean had the door propped open. I set him down and turned to see Dean with Rose. I nodded to the girl. She smiled and turned her attention back to my brother. I looked at my best friend. He was sitting up looking at me scared. I lowered myself to sit on the floor. 

"Adam, I have never felt that kind of power before, not even with Austin."

I looked at him and nodded. I stared back ahead trying to figure out what happened. It was all confusing. Rushed. Rouge stormed in with a mutt in his hands. He threw him causing the kid to slide across the planks towards the stairs. 

"Pack and leave."

The boy whimpered and ran up the stairs. Rouge turned back to us with his eyes narrowing in on Hayden. I didn't like the guise he was holding and stood in front of my friend. Rouge approached us and stood a good few inches taller than me. His black eyes peered into mine. I held my ground as the protector stared down at me. 

"I have to ask you to leave. All of you. Violence is not permitted on this land..."

Sam came over and quickly stood between the two of us, causing Rouge to take a few steps back as he looked down at the blonde. I couldn't see her face but I knew the posture, she was getting ready for a fight. 

"...We didn't cause the violence, they did! Why should we leave because they intruded? Hayden went out trying to stop it all..."

A sneer appeared on the boy's face.

"...Stop, no. Provoke yes. Cole wanted to talk, or did your enhanced senses abandon you again?"

Sam cringed back a little at that causing heat to rise in me. I glared at this man. She has done nothing wrong. We all have been through hell and back. Rouge looked back at us and over at his sister then turned when Austin and the recruits came in. He looked at the Time Walker. His shoulders were tense and fists clenched. 

"You have the remainder of the day to leave. I do not tolerate violence on any level. You knew that and still killed someone on my land..."

Austin took a step towards the protector. 

"...Kill? No, fixed the timeline? Yes. By that group coming in, they caused a disruption that would have bent the timeline, when someone disrupts the timeline they are to remove. You are lucky they left or that whole group would have been removed like the mutt. You may protect them, but I protect time itself. Now tell me, which is more important?"

A pin drop could be heard as the two protectors stared each other down. I could feel the tension between the two. Austin smirked and looked over at us and the recruits. 

"We leave in an hour, if you are not ready...that is on you."

Austin purposely bumped Rouge's shoulder as he passed earning a low growl from the protector. I looked at the two and shook my head. I grabbed the bags we had and looked at the protector that was throwing us out. Protector of supernatural my ass. He may have the wings but he was no protector, just a coward. I threw the bags on the wall by the door so they were all in one place. I looked at our group, we were a small group. The group Cole and Josh had, outnumbered us already. We only got maybe 20 recruits to join us. We were in way over our heads. I looked over at the girl that was in the middle of it all and she just looked tired. Sam was not Sam. She looked like she was ready to fall over, tired. She didn't want this war. She always hatted attention but she seemed to always gets lots of it. She didn't want this. She didn't deserve this. A few weeks ago we were normal kids at high school with secrets. Now we were in a war where a lot could happen. Austin was struggling with his power. The timeline kept changing and based on the tired and tense posture he was feeling it all. He was slopped against the armchair his sister sat in. He had his shades on top of his head and he looked like he was a ticking time bomb. Something wasn't registering. 

"He is stressed."

I jumped looking at the 14-year-old that was taking a seat next to me. He was staring at the leader of this whole thing. He brought his two fingers to his temple and let out a sigh. 

"He isn't exaggerating, the timeline is changing a lot. He keeps seeing a lot but a core event changed and that scares him. It should scare us all but there is nothing we can do about it."

I looked at the young boy. 

"What changed?"

The boy looked at me with a frown. 

"Him dying."

I blinked a few times. Wait Austin was supposed to die? Why isn't he dying now? That sounds wrong but a core event as Austin tried to explain before is not supposed to change just events around or leading up to it. If something changed...what did Taylor get ahold of that should be scaring the rest of us. I walked and sat next to the protector. He was tired. I didn't need to remove his shades to know that. 

"What do we do now?"

He looked at me and forced a smile. 

"We go home. That is where she will be."

I rose a brow. 

"Who?"

He removed his shades and looked around the room. 

"Teal and the fight."

"Who is Teal?"

He stood and walked to the center of the room a purple robe in his hand. 

"The girl that is going to save a lot of people, including my sister."

He focused back on the energy in hand and a purple flickering purple formed. It was as beautiful as before. I watched the rest of the original group stand and walked through the glowing orb. The recruits were quick to follow. Once everyone was through I turned to the angry protector. I bowed to him. 

"I hope to see you again, for now, thank you."

The white-haired boy nodded and I ran through the portal to prevent Austin from draining himself. The abandoned cornfield and trees greeted me on the other side. Around was nothing but Austin's home, still with caution tape and not a lot of answers to the mystery. If only the humans knew the mess that surrounded them. They knew little to nothing of the supernatural only what is shown. Austin was quick to join the group. He separated himself and started walking to the hill positioned by the line to the forest. It was far, hard to see from the street by the house. He walked with purpose, Sam not far behind him. I watch the wind whip through their hair. Austin removed his shades and ditched the grammar. The purple glow of his wings shone brightly causing many of the group to shield their eyes. The glow expanded to his outstretched arms until he was the light that lit most of the field giving it a purple hue. Whatever he was doing, I didn't want to know. That glow always met something about the timeline. He reached out and joined hands with his sister. Then the glow vanished and another girl stood holding hands with the siblings. True to her name, her hair was teal and the glow that marked her skin was the same color. She let go of the protector's hand and bowed her head with a

BittenOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara