Chapter 24

SAM 

I brought another plant out and trapped a wolf before throwing it at Lauren for her to cut it with an energy blade. I looked back over the hill. Purple light erupted there just minutes ago and I knew it was my brother. They had the most of the fight. I also knew the Dean was dead. The flame wave scorched some of the people at the top of the hill. Joe was next to Teal, finger to the temple, freezing mutts and changing their course to other mutts. The main had yet to show themselves. The main being Tayla.  The three boys were fighting smart. Nick was hurt and in human form fighting Hava who kept throwing water at the dog. I fell back as a snarling large tan wolf growled in my face. I growled back and extended my claws ripping into its chest. I was keeping my powers in control but the burning feeling was right under the skin. I threw the dog off with a grunt and whistled causing an actual wolf to jump through and attack the large were. I smiled and turned. I had Taylor, Cole, and Josh standing there with a smile on their face. I brought my hands up and had the plants under their feet tug their ankles making them fall face first. I brought my hands up and I felt the trees move and the wind pick up. The sky was now dark giving the animals an advantage but I sure as hell was going to put in a fight. I felt my vision sharpen and I clenched my hand in a fist making the vines start dragging the three back. The burning got worse. The feeling of too much power was starting to overwhelm me. The white light started to grow on my skin and I started aiming it out trying to let it go. I felt like my body was on fire. A purple portal opened next to me and Austin put a shield around us and started getting close but I knew the heat would kill him. 

"No!"

He smiled and didn't listen just put his hands on my shoulders. 

"Let go."

Tears fell down my face and I shook my head. 

"No! It will kill you, me!"

Austin was calm and shook his head. 

"I am going to absorb it. We will be fine. Let go."

I sobbed and shook my head. Austin tightened his grip on my arm. His eyes were glowing a bright purple and his wings were out in the open. He had a smile on his face but the tears told a different story. 

"Let go, Sam."

"It will kill you! I am not letting go!"

"If you don't let go, everyone dies! Let go!"

I sobbed and shook my head. I knew the energy was growing to a point that I could no longer control so with one last sob I let go. I heard my screams and Austin's fill the air as the white light overtook me. It was blinding and I felt the purple and white as they fought. The white turned to a green and then nothing. The white took over

White is what could be seen. Before I was at our house. No smell of blood. Just like it was before everything happened. I turned to look for anything. 

"Hello?"

My voice echoed around me. Was I dead? 

"No, you are not dead."

I turned and Austin stood there. His wings were still purple but solid purple feathers were shown. He held a white orb in his hands. Around it was purple light. 

"Your time is not done, Sam. I told you that. You have to go back."

Tears formed in my eyes. My voice shook as I spoke. 

"What about you?"

Austin smiled. His eyes were not his normal blue, they were bright purple. He had purple lines that surrounded his face and arms that all linked to his wings. He brought his hands up and the white disappeared. 

"This is where I belong, Sam. The timeline was...my ending...your beginning. You have important things ahead of you."

"I don't want to go back without you."

Austin shook his head.

"My story is done. I did my job. I protected the timeline. Put it back on course. Like I was supposed to. Now you have to see out that timeline. You can go back."

"What about the bite? Mom? Dad? You? I have no one left."

Austin took a few steps closer to me and brought me into a hug. 

"You have more people for you than you think. You will find that out soon. Your time is not done. As for the bite. That white light removes the curse, not the amp but the wolf in you is gone. You killed that part. I killed that part so you could go back. You have things to do. It is time for you to go."

"No, I don't want to go!"

"It is time for you to go, Samantha."

I didn't get to say another word as one of my Brother's portals opened under my feet. I screamed as I fell through and tears streaked down my face. 

I gasp as I sat up. I clutched my chest. Next to me was my brother, he looked like he could be sleeping but his chest did not move. Nother moved. A sob escaped my mouth as I brought his head into my lap. I stroked his hair out of his face and leaned down kissing his forehead as tears hit his skin. I shook as I stood, looking down at my brother's dead body. He was no longer there. I looked up at the battlefield. Many littered around us. Teal still stood next to Joe but she now had the same protector's wings my brother once had. She had newfound energy and the wolves were losing the main four were trapped in a circle with us surrounding us. Adam and Nolan had tears as they had their arms faced out. Hayden had blood on his face and a few scratches but overall good. Hava was fine. Joe had tears as he heald Lauren who was motionless and not breathing. Teal had the four in a dome. They should be dead. We lost so many yet these four stood. I took a breath to calm down before I took a step inside the circle. 

"Leave. Never come back. If I find you ever biting, or expanding your pack again, it won't be time that will kill you but yourselves."

I brought a branch fling over causing the teal shield to drop. I walked past the others and went to my house. I went and I never looked back. I could feel a presence follow and I knew who it was before she spoke. 

"We couldn't tell you, but this is how it has to be."

I turned to Teal as we crossed the street. 

"He told me, now I also have to leave."

"Leave?"

I nodded. 

"Leave. I started this, this is how it ends. I know where I have to go. Do me a favor though."

She looked at me. I could tell she was trying to be strong. 

"Protect them."

She smiled at that and the first tear dropped. 

"Always."

I smiled and left the girl as I walked into the house and grabbed what I needed. Austin was right. Today may seem like the end but it was only the beginning. I looked around and grabbed a ball cap and shades putting them on with a pair of sneakers. I put on my pack and I head to the port. Where my new beginning would be waiting.