Chapter 2: Finding others

Hayden's Pov (Time is back to when Austin found Hayden)

      I pulled out of the parking lot with Austin in my passenger seat. I already called Adam telling him to get the others to the house, but Austin had no idea what code blue met. Yet he still sat completely calm in the passenger seat.
"So how old are you exactly?"
He rubbed the back of his head and looked at me.
"21."
He was blunt and right to the point. I guess he wasn't much of a talker.
"Can we stop by a friends house. She is like us."
I looked over at him.
"Do I know them?"
He rolled his eyes.
"I wouldn't ask if you didn't know them. Why would I ask to pick up a stranger to you when you already don't trust me?"
I thought about it for a second. He let out a sigh.
"Fine, you still don't trust me, well this person can tell you I wasn't lying."
I rose an eyebrow.
"Fine but you have to give me directions."
"Ok, turn right, now."
I quickly jerked the wheel into a small side town. My heart was racing and once we were safe I stopped the car and looked at him.
"A warning would've been nice, you know?"
He smiled and laugh like I was joking, and once he realized I wasn't messing around. He removed his shades and looked at me like a teacher would when scolding a kid.
"Then you should've made up your mind sooner."
He put his shades back on and turned to face forward.
"You are wasting time. I suggest you proceed forward."
I grumbled under my breath but still too my car out of park.
      After a a few turns, we reached a house with a red car and black vane in the drive way. I parked my car and looked at him, he sat there like I was the one that was going to go knocking on the door.
"This was your idea, you go get her."
He smiled and got out. I swear he is just doing this to piss me off. He knocked on the door and waited. I sat tapping my fingers against my wheel and checked the time on my watch. Soon a woman answered the door. She didn't seem shocked to see him, she actually hugged the guy like he was family. She then turned to what I guess call this girl and then turned around and talked with Austin for a bit. Finally a girl with dark hair that about came up to Austin's elbow came out and walked towards my car. My mouth fell open as they climbed into the car. I turned to her and looked at her.
"You are an Aurora too?"
She laughed and dug out a five dollar bill handing it to Austin.
"Yes, I am a Space Jumper. Now are we going to go to Adam's or are you going to stare at me like a guppy all day?"
I shook my head and started heading to Adam's.
"How come you never told anyone?"
I looked in my mirror so I could see Lauren who was staring out the window.
"I did. Sam's brother. Well he kinda figured me out before i told him. but details details."
She nodded towards Austin who looked at me smirking.
"Oh stop giving me that look. Sam never talks about you. How was I supposed to know she wasn't an only child?"
He just laughed and Lauren soon joined in.
"Oh Hayden, she doesn't talk about him because the are in hiding. You know hunters...."
"....want to capture us and make us lab rats, yeah yeah. I know."
She looked a bit taken back by my attitude, but Austin simply started laughing.
"Your not too good with girls are you, Aqua?"
"Did you seriously just call me Aqua?"
"That wasn't the question, Aqua?"
Yep he was doing this to get in my nerves.
"Austin, don't even try. He is a pretty boy with no sense of how to even ask let alone talk to a girl, unless it is his little sister."
After that, Lauren and Austin both bursted out laughing. I felt my hands tighten around the stealing wheel and I mentally started counting to 10.
      As soon as we reached Adam's I abruptly stoped, got out slamming the car door and walking in the house. I realized Austin and Lauren sat waiting at the car. I also noticed that Austin stopped Lauren from following. Then his voice started echoing through everyone's head.
"Hayden I know you didn't trust me but this is taking it a bit far. We are not here to hurt you so I would kindly ask for everyone to stand down and just calmly walk out of the house, so you guys don't go through with what did you call it? Code blue? I am not stupid, I read minds and I knew you planned to ambush me, but Lauren too is a bit far."
Then it cut off. Adam looked at me shocked.
"What the hell was that?"
"That would be Austin. Aka, Sam's older brother."
My sister's all of a sudden perked up and had a huge smile on her face.
"Wait Austin is here?"
I looked at her confused.
"You know him?"
"Well yeah, I have been to their house with the rest of the girl team, how could I not?"
With that she was up and running out the door. The rest of us filed out. Austin was casually leaning against my car and once he saw my little sister he broke into a smile and nodded towards her but Hava, being Hava gave him a hug. Which he awkwardly did back.
"Sorry, Hays, but he doesn't seem like a threat."
I glared daggers at Nolan, which he seemed to be taken back from, but Adam came up calming his brother.
"You gotta watch and learn bro, even the most kind people can be pure evil, take Nick as an example."
I cringed at his name. He was cocky and over confidence at times but he would never hurt a soul. Well until Sam's accident. He was the one who attacked her. Adam walked up to the boy and held out his had for him to shake. Austin smiled at him and shook then Adam tightened his grip and his hand started to glow orange. Austin's knees buckled as he screamed in pain and clenched his hands. Dean stepped forward wrapping his hands with bounds made of air and I made two guards made of water to grab him and drag him in the house. I didn't know if I could trust Lauren but it looked like Nolan was ahead of me. He graded her wrists and followed my water men in with Lauren. My sister looked shocked and shook her head at me in disappointment and she looked at me with daggers when she walked by.
"I hope you realize you are simply hurting our own kind."
Then she walked in. I followed in to the already crowded room. Mr. And Mrs. Write were standing in the corners with guns pointed at the two. They sat calmly on the coach and simply looked at us.
"I should of never trusted you, I am simply wasting my time. My sister is in a hospital, awake and doesn't even realize our parents are dead. I came to you for help, not to cause trouble."
Austin sounded scary calm and in a blink of an eye I was pinned against a wall with him in front of me. How he got out of the bonds and destroyed my water men is beyond me. My friends looked just as confused.
"At this point, Aqua, I don't care if I need your help or not. I am here simply to try to save my sister's life."
My friends surrounded us with their hands pointed at us. He let me go and in a blink he was on the out side of the circle helping Lauren up. He stood up straight and turned to look at us.
"You guys can't hold me, no one can, I am a protector of time."
He smirked and I saw Adam's parents lower their guns.
"You kids all need to stand down."
"But dad!"
"I said stand down! Dean"
We all looked at him. He rubbed his face and then started to explain.
"An Aurora that protects time, is basically the hardest to contain, escape or kill. They literally can change time to how they want. So him asking us for out help is actually wasting his time, because he could simply change time so we would have to say yes."
We all looked back to Austin who shrugged and stood up from the wall.
"Then is it agreed you will help?"
I rolled my eyes.
"It sounds like we don't have much of a choice."
He laughed.
"You do, actually, you see even time Auroras have limits. And to use that much energy to change a time line would probably kill me, and I already used a lot of my power."
"Wait are you saying you are weak right now?"
Austin shook his head chuckling.
"I wouldn't even think that, kid, yes I am weak, but I can still beat all of you. You see the Woods family was the first to be made an Aurora making our powers un common and more powerful then normal families. For example the three brothers, their powers are only strong because they didn't show up till four generations later from the last to have powers. While Lauren's here is un usual but weak compared to theirs because she was the only child of her family to get the powers, meaning the Aurora gene is weakening."
He paced back and forth making his point quiet clear.
"Wait, what even are your powers?"
Adam had a glint in his eyes. He wanted well needed to know everything about this kid so he could pin point his weak point. We all had them. He smiled.
"I like you Adam, right now you are trying to get me to answer questions so you can find my weakness, but sorry after your little hand shake stunt my mind reading abilities are at work. I don't feel like getting any more blistering skin. You see every blink to me feels like hours yet to you it seems like minaseconds. Meaning I can reach into every thought, bend time to my will, and escape to where ever I want. So if you truly want to beat this pack then you are going to need my help. I can find others that could easily replace all of you so it is really up to you."
Austin went back to leaning against the wall and we all huddled, trying to figure out what to do. My sister though didn't join us, she was already over talking away with Lauren, meaning my mind was already made up as well.
"Fine we will help, but I want my parents to be protected. This is a war our kind has been fighting for a long time, I don't want them hurt."
"Dean, we can take care of our selves."
"Sorry but I agree with Dean, you are our parents and this is a supernatural war that you shouldn't be in the middle of it."
I nodded to the three brothers and the dad shook his head but nodded looking to Austin. He walked up with something in hand.
"Take this, I am sending you to our grandparents house, they are Auroras like my sister and I, tell them to open the back of this watch. It has an explanation. Also tell them I sent you, because they are only going to see a purple portal with people stepping through so..."
The Write parents smiled but took the watch. They hugged their kids and then nodded to Austin. He blinked and snapped his fingers and a portal appeared, and just like that, Adam, Nolan and Dean's parents were gone. I honestly didn't know what to say to them.
      After that, we all sat down. Austin stood in the middle looking at one of us at a time. I sat next to my sister and Adam on the floor. Nolan and Dean took the seats at the table and Lauren leaned against the wall on the far wall.
"You know, it might be good for us to know each other's powers."
"We already know each other's powers."
"Not true, they...."
Hava pointed to Austin and Lauren.
"Don't know our powers and we don't know theirs, it would be nice to know everyone's. Don't you think?"
Adam stared at my sister shocked. He knew she had a point but he never liked to admit that. He was always the leader. The one who was always right and made all the calls. He didn't work well with others, but we all still had his back, but now Austin was there. He scared pretty much everyone in this room, he could make us do anything he wanted with a snap of his fingers. He probably knew more things about us then we did of each other. Adam clapping of his hands took me out of thought.
"Ok, sorry man, but you are just standing in the middle looking at us. Are we going to do something or not?"
"Well we all need to test our limits, but first we need to go see my sister, well to be more correct find her."
With that he snapped his fingers and a huge portal appeared. It flickered for a second like it wanted to close. I saw beads of sweat form on his brow and he looked back at us.
"Well go through, I can't hold this all day!"
We all shuffled to our feet and ran through.
      We came out in a dense wooded area. Their was no trail , no signs, just trees and dirt. Austin joined us looking pail and beat. I guess he wasn't kidding when he said he had limits. He stood up straight and then started walking off. We all exchanged looks and noticed Hava and Lauren were already following him. We all ran after them because we preferred to follow the one that knew where he was going.
"Where are we going?"
"Like I said, find my sister."
"You do realize that we are in the middle of the woods."
Austin stopped all of a sudden and looked at Dean.
"I am not stupid, but by all means if you know how to get out of here...."
He swept his hands out gesturing him to lead.
"....then lead the way."
Austin smiled but his eyes showed annoyance. His voiced dripped with sarcasm, and Dean still took it serious and went to lead. I felt the winds pick up and then he was walking. Austin laughed and shook his head and simply followed. I went up to him tapping his shoulder. He turned to me and rolled his eyes.
"What do you want? Want to tell me I don't know what I am doing too?"
"No.... I actually wanted to ask if he was actually going the right way?"
He laughed and shook his head.
"No but if he want to act like mr know it all the he can continue having us go in circles."
I shook my head and went up to Dean.
"Dude, you need to stop this. You aren't even going the right way. According to Austin...."
"Oh now you're going to listen to that idiot too?"
I looked a bit taken back.
"I don't like him like you don't, but he is the best bet we got. Especially if what he said about Sam is true."
I heard my voice being cold and evidently Dean did too. He stopped abruptly and turned to me.
"You have no idea what you just got all of us into, do you? Auroras and Werewolves have been fighting for centries, but the thing is werewolves normally kill our kind. So buddy every person that ends up dying, it is blood on your hands."
Everyone was silent and I could hear the blood pounding in my ears. I took a deep breath and looked at him.
"Yeah, and if you actually cared about Sam, you wouldn't have said that. I don't know if you noticed or not but Samantha was bitten, and I actually want her to live."
"If she was bitten, she is already dead."
I looked at him with pure fury. I clenched and un clenched my hands.
"Oooooooo you getting mad tough guy? Huh? What you going to do about?"
He raised an eye brow and looked up. I had an evil expression and shook my head.
"Un like you I am going to help someone that you think will die, but sometimes hope is one thing that can help you live."
I gestured for Austin to take the lead which he awkwardly did.