Chapter 20: Travels

Sam's POV (Back when she was at the packhouse with Rouge)

I had a bad feeling the moment I laid eyes on Taylor and her loyal mutts. Nick looked down like a beaten puppy and dragged his feet over to Taylor. I don't know if the other could feel it but I had fear coursing through my veins.

"I see you caught my recruit."

Rouge got up with a smile. How can he smile at her? She is evil... Never mind that.

"I like her. She is quite the fighter."

Taylor rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, you could say the. A pain in my back end but she is too rare to just get rid of."

I chuckled under my breath.

"Recruit? More like poisoner?"

I mumbled under my breath hoping no one heard but when I got kicked in the ribs by the one and only Taylor in the room I knew that wasn't the case. I looked up at her with a glare. She only met it with her glowing red eyes. I rolled my eyes at her and stayed where I sat.

"Would you like to repeat that, darling?"

I looked up at her with a sickly sweet smile.

"Not really, control freak."

She let out a growl which I kindly returned one in return. She turned from me and looked back at Rouge.

"I take it your recruit does not like you very much. Why don't I take her off your hands?"

She laughed.

"No she does not like us but she doesn't get along with any wolf out of what I been seeing."

"She got along with me."

She shifted her guise to Scott and just glared at him.

"Did I ask you?"

Before Scott could answer her question Rouge held his hand up to stop the two.

"Now, now, Taylor remember where you are at. You can't come in here and just boss everyone around. This is not your territory and this is a safe haven for all supernatural creatures meaning..."

"...No fighting, I get it frosty. I have been over this with you countless times every time, lover boy over there wonders in here."

She pointed at Nick with a nasty glare. I stifled a laugh at her frustration.

"I know about the war you are getting into, Taylor, and I know you are outnumbered. So hear me out. You can recruit from my pack but they have to choose to go with you. In return, I take Sam over here off your hands. It would mean no more running, no more fights between one another, and fewer battles among your pack."

"How do I know that you are not double-crossing me with the recruiting? These...people are loyal to you."

Rouge laughed.

"They are loyal, yes, but there are some that really don't like Auroras which would gladly go with you. Sam here, obviously been trouble and she feels secure here so let her stay and you get new recruits. You already lost Jenna and you had a small pack to start with and your numbers are already getting smaller."

She paused to think it over. A smirk grew on her features.

"I get to recruit for the war but if they come with me they are in my pack...no longer yours."

Rouge smiled and stuck out his hand. Taylor shook on it and he laughed with so much genuine joy that I didn't understand how.

"Sounds like a deal, Scott why don't you gather the pack and give them the details. And Scott, that deal does apply to you."