Chapter 18: Sam?

Adam's POV

To say Scarlett could cook, it would be an understatement. We had chicken and stuffing and soup and yeah it was damn good. I would say the silence confirmed my opinion because everyone was chowing down.

"So, Rose, what are your abilities, I can guess the others but yours...I don't know."

Rose smiled.

"That isn't your fault, Austin wouldn't be able to sense it either. I doubt even your brother would be able to. It is all thanks to my powers. I distribute energy from powers meaning, I can take them away. I probably give you all extra energy too but I have yet to figure that out."

Scarlett raised an eyebrow.

"How so?"

"She was a rouge before she came to us. She is harmless now, perfectly safe to be around or we would all probably be powerless by now."

Scarlett looked over at Austin with a smile so did Rose. Rose hasn't really spoke much and I was curious why? What could make someone go mute?

"Rose, you don't have to answer, but why don't you talk much. You are part of the group now you might as well get to know us."

Rose looked down.

"I never really spoke much, that would be my brother. He was a social butterfly and he always knew how to get me out of my shell, but when Taylor killed him forcing me to work for her, I stopped talking much. There wasn't a point to. Honestly I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for Sam. She saved me."

Scarlett looked confused.

"Who is Sam?"

Everyone stopped eating and putting down their food. I cleared my throat and kicked Austin under the table. Austin ran a hand through his matted hair.

"My sister, the wolves have her because they think she should belong to them."

Scarlett looked even more confused.

"Why would they think that, they hate Auroras?"

I shook my head.

"They bit her and she survived."

Scarlett's eyes widened.

"You are meaning to say..."

Austin put a hand on her shoulder.

"That is exactly what we are saying. She upset the balance starting a larger war then before our two species. So no matter what she is in the middle of it."

Scarlett nodded and looked down.

"That is crazy."

Nolan laughed.

"That is one way to put it. I mean no survives a bite but only Sam would be able to pull that off."

The rest of the table minus a confused Scarlett joined in.

"So I take it you all knew each other before hand."

Austin was the first to start laughing.

"Oh no, I was actually unknown by everyone. No one knew of me other than Hava and Lauren. I went to Hayden and he tried to kill me then we picked up Lauren and then went to Write's where they all tried to kill me and Lauren minus Joe and Rose and Hava. Rose was a rouge that attacked us along with Taylor and her pack and then Joe is a recent addition to the group after Hayden and I escaped a pack of wolves that were working with Taylor."

Scarlett looked at us all.

"Well I will say you all been busy."

Dean scuffed.