Chapter 19: Psyco

Austin's POV

"Come on Austin wake up."

I stirred and grabbed whoever was shaking me awake in alarm.

"Wow, wow! It is Adam!"

I let out a sigh, letting go. I rubbed my arms and winced sitting up from the bed I was in. My powers were on overdrive meaning I could hear voices rushing around me. I grabbed my head.

Is he really here?

Man is a heavy sleeper...

Why did he go to my room...

I shook my head again and looked at Adam.

"Why are everyone's thoughts so loud right now?"

Adam chuckled and helped me up. I leaned on him. The room was moving and my vision swarmed with black dots. I still felt so tired and everything hurt. We finally made it to the living room where Adam set me on the couch. He didn't let go for two seconds when I was being hugged. I let out a grunt by force.

"I can't believe you are actually here!"

My eyes widened and I pulled back looking at the person that sounded so familiar. Sam. I pulled her back into a bone-crushing hug again allowing the tears to flow freely. I didn't care how much I was in pain. My sister was back, safe and one piece. I pulled back again.

"But how, you were..."

"Yes, yes I know, but Rouge struck a deal with Taylor in which she got as many recruits as she wanted from his pack as long as they agreed with her. In exchange, I got to stay with him."

I looked at her confused.

"Who is Rouge?"

She laughed.

"That is all you got out of all that?"

I joined her laughing and we heard a clearing of the throat and Sam moved to sit next to me. I looked up at a boy right around my age with the same white hair and skin tone as Scarlett. He came up to me and reached out his hand.

"I would be Rouge, I heard a lot about you."

I laughed and took his hand.

"Good things I hope."

He smirked lightly.

"Eh, for the most part."

I leaned back wincing lightly. I clutched my head as more voices entered my head. With Sam, Adam, the new guy, and his parents. They were loud. I started digging my hands in my hair harder.

"Hey are you ok, man..."

Rouge's voice was distant and I could feel my power spiking out of frustration. I staggered to my feet and ran out the front door. It was still night and the air was cold. flashes ran across my sight.

The cold wind hit my back. My powers were malfunctioning. I saw a wolf jump at Scarlett from behind. I ran over and jumped in front of her and the wolf bit down on my calf earning a power ball in its face and a scream from me.

"I am so..."

"Get to your brother, Scarlett! Now!"

She didn't ask any questions just ran. I looked over at Sam, seeing her fighting wolves. Her whole body was glowing...

I took in a deep breath and noticed I was in dew-covered grass. I was breathing in gasps. The timeline changed. I was confused by what the changes met. The voices around me calmed enough that I could hear crickets around me.