Epilogue

SAM

The train station was crowded but that was expected. Before I left the shining, the place where Austin is now, he showed me where I was supposed to be, where to go. In our house, we had many paintings but the one he stood before when saying goodbye was not in my house. It was of a station, white live everything up there with a man in a chair along with women with long red hair at a bench. Now I searched for the man in a chair and the woman with ruby hair. I swayed through the crowds until I came to where the people were not around and there stood a man in a chair with woman with long ruby hair. The women turned to me first. She said something to the man once she saw me approach. The man appeared to say nothing but held a smile and the woman relaxed.

"Hello, Samantha, I have been expecting you."

I walked closer and stood before the man. I removed my shades to expose my glowing green eyes. The woman tilted her head as she looked at me.

"I wish I could greet you, but I only saw a vision, nothing about names."

The girl looked at the woman with ruby hair, waiting for her to share names but she just kept concentrating on the blonde before them.

"Why can't I get into your head?"

I smiled at the woman.

"Because I am not quite like you. Similar but not the same."

"What are you?"

I smiled at the question. What was I to say? We were not supposed to say what we were, as it immediately put targets on us. I figured if Austin sent me here. He had a purpose and it was safe to share. I reached out a hand to the woman which she was quick to shake.

"Samantha Wood. Most commonly people know us as Guardians but the proper term would be Aurora, it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance."

The woman looked shocked and a bit confused.

"Aurora? Those are myths."

I smiled.

"All myths are quite true. Most of us try to keep a low profile, which is what I need to do..."

I turned to look at the bald man that was smiling up at me.

"Well Ms. Wood, I don't know about low but we can help."

I smiled at the man.

"I sure hope so, my brother died telling me to find you."

The man smiled.

"I know, he is the one that told me to come here."

I laughed a little, sounded like something he would do.

"My brother failed to tell me who I was searching for though."

The man smiled and reached out his hand for me to shake. I took it.

"Professor Charles Xavier, it is a pleasure to meet you. Don't mind Jean, she will be the one to help you the most."

I smiled at the two and Charles started to wheel out of the station.

"Wait, we are not getting on the train."

The man chuckled to himself.

"No, we are meeting the others at the plane."

"Others? Plane?"

The man stopped and turned to look at me.

"Yes, Ms. Wood. Welcome to the X-Men."

With that the field had a giant plane appear out of thin air and a group of people stood at the bottom of the ramp waiting for us. I smiled and followed the two. I guess my journey is just beginning.