Chapter 16: Supernatural Protector

Sam's POV

I felt like everything was burning. My insides, my skin, everything. Even the outside air felt scorching. I just couldn't bare it anymore and the power stopped and I dropped to the ground exhausted. I was pushed forward and someone spun me around to come face to face with the dirty blond and dark eyes. He had my hands pinned and he looked pained.

"Why did you have to do that, Sam?"

I scuffed at him.

"Why did you have to bite me, Nick?"

He looked shocked by my come back. I pushed him off me and stood up dusting myself off. I looked at the other werewolves as they slowly crawled to their feet. Taylor didn't say anything but Nick fell into step with me as Cole and Josh brought up the back. I wasn't going to do anything and they knew it. I knew it. I was tired. I would also probably end up killing myself. I have never had that kind of power course through me. I thought I was going to explode and that scared me. That is what is supposed to happen when you git bit. Your power goes on over drive and shreds you inside out.

"You know I didn't bite you, right?"

I glanced over at Nick. He was looking straight ahead like he didn't say anything.

"Don't lie, you are the one that attacked me at the meet. I still don't understand why."

He laughed lightly.

"Yeah, well I couldn't finish it, Cole had to. That is why Taylor is so frustrated with me."

I looked over at him and shook my head.

"You know if you are going to attack you should be able to finish it."

"And you should know that you have always had a soft spot in my heart."

I looked at him like he was someone else.

"You lost any right to that, the moment you left for another girl."

He ran a hand through his hair then Cole pushed us apart and turned stopping Nick from walking next to me.

"Taylor, we need to hold up."

Taylor stopped and stared at the two wolves that were now facing face to face.

"Cole, why are you stopping us?"

Cole was still staring at Nick.

"Nick, why don't you explain you trying to kiss up to your ex?"

Nick looked shocked and Cole just looked well evil. Between the dark eyes, smirk and black hair the look just did not make him look like a good guy. Nick cleared his throat then peered around Cole to look at Taylor.

"I wasn't trying to make up to her, I was trying to straighten her facts. She is blaming me for the bite but it wasn't me that gave her the bite. Heck we weren't even ordered to bite her at first. I was only informed of that order when she was about unconscious and I couldn't do it so Cole did. That isn't something she should be lashing out on me about. I am just trying to make here calm."

Taylor raised an eyebrow then pushed Cole to his Cousin in the back and stood in front of Nick. She took in a deep breath and started to walk around him trying to see what was wrong with the boy. At least that is what I thought. I was tired but everyone was distracted. I looked behind me at the long line of forest and back to the pack of distracted wolves. I took in a deep breath then turned and booked it. I ran as fast as I could. I heard a few angry shouts and ponding feet behind me. My powers were weak and my muscles hated me. I jumped a fallen log and ducked under some vines that were hanging down.