Chapter 14: Phantom

Adam's POV

I heard the door creak and looked up to see Hayden finally decided to join the rest of us. By the clock on the wall it was eleven and he been through hell and back compared to the rest of us. I guess Austin being back and half crazy really scared the crap out of him. I mean it scared us all but Hayden, knowing Hayden is blaming himself for Austin not making it through but it wasn't. It was Austin's choice. Not his, Not Sam's, His.

"Glad to see you decided to join the rest of the sleeping."

Hayden gave me a tired smiled but stepped over my brothers to sit on the bed next to me.

"You know you didn't have to stay up for me."

"You are my best mate, of course I did."

"Mate? Are we British now?"

I laughed, getting up from the bed to take my rightful spot on the floor that I had taken since I was little for sleep overs.

"Nope, just a little stupid."

He smiled and shook his head.

"Night, Adam."

"Night."

We both fell asleep but I was woken by the sound of shouts and movement from beside me. I woke up to see Hayden sitting up in the bed looking terrified, sweaty and as crazy as Austin when he first arrived. What did those wolves do to these boys? I got up and sat down next to him.

"It is ok, Hayden..."

He looked at me scared with tears running down his cheeks as he shook his head no.

"It wasn't my nightmare that woke me."

I looked at him confused.

"Mate, it was just that, a nightmare you had, nothing more."

He started shaking his head.

"No, no, no, you don't get it, it wasn't mine!"

I rolled my eyes at him trying to keep quite.

"Then who's was it?"

He looked at me like I was stupid.

"Austin's"

With that he removed the covered and raced downstairs with me hot on his heals. His dad was on the coach while Austin was on the loveseat fast asleep but like Hayden moments earlier, he was tossing and turning. He had a purple energy wrapping around him like a time bomb ready to go off. Well that doesn't look good. My friend was staring at him like he was in a trance and was approaching the purple glow surrounding the coach. I quickly grabbed him by the shoulders pulling away from the purple glow.

"What are you thinking, Hayden, I can feel the heat from here!"

Hayden looked at me then back at him.

"He is in a time zone, what I saw was one of the futures he saw and out of what I saw.."

He looked at Austin then back at me with more tears in his eyes. One thing you have to know about Hayden is the boy doesn't cry and nether do I but his next words made me want to cry with him.

"...not everyone comes out in the end and him...he is one that comes out but he wont be the same after."

I looked at the poor boy sleeping on the coach. The purple seemed to glow brighter if that was possible then all of a sudden the energy went back into him and he sat up and let out the most demented, pain stricken scream I  have ever heard. Hayden's dad shot up and there were footsteps rushing down the stairs. Austin sat there breathing heavy with crazy looking eyes. He looked better but his eyes told a different story. Everyone including myself stared at him and he couldn't meet anyone's eyes. I slowly approached him and he flinched when I sat down. I slowly placed my hand on his shoulder.