Chapter 6: Escape

Hayden's POV.

      After making sure Sam went to sleep and not try to do look out. I did go find an actual look out point. It was high in a tree giving me a good view of our surroundings and camp. It was now dark and everything was quite. Too quite. I collected some water in the air making some water steps and climbed down from the tree. On the ground everything was dark and hard to see. Crack! I turned quick looking back to see nothing. Crack! I turned the other direction to find nothing. Crack! I turned again and some random thing came flying through the air grabbing my wrist throwing me to the ground. It flashed blue and I felt my powers start to drain. I ground and rolled to my back. I sat up on my elbows and looked around again till the events started to click.

"Everyone! Run!"

I looked back to my team. They were all unconscious still.

"Idiots! get the hell up and run!"

They responded to that because the next thing I saw was a purple portal and a group of hunters closing in. I watched as everyone step through the portal except my sister, Sam and her brother.

"GO! Leave me!"

Hava shook her head no and I saw tears form in her eyes.

"They will kill you."

"Hava go!"

Sam took it appon her self and pushed my sister and her brother through the portal leaving myself and her self on the side with hunters. She turned facing the hunters and her eyes flicked to their bright green. Claws replaced her nails and sharp canines formed in her mouth. She let out a low growl and ran straight for the first hunter. He tried to shoot her with the same brace that was stuck around my wrist but she ducked and ended up clawing the side of his face. he was knocked to the ground causing Sam to fall with him. She climbed to her feet and faced the rest of the hunters. They all looked confused on what to do because she obviously showed being a were but the alarms on their device were saying she was an Aurora. She through her hands straight up causing the plants surrounding them to grow to amazing heights and wrap themselves around their weapons wanking it away from the men. Then grabbing the men and tying them to the surrounding trees. She walked to me and grabbed my wrist that had the brace draining my powers. I know why Austin passed out to this thing. It really did drain you. she summoned some grass and picked the lock. It clicked and turned off and fell off. A wave of energy washed through me causing me to feel light headed, I tried to stand up but fell down right off the bat. I grabbed my head and slowly climbed to my feet.

"Come on we need to get out of here. I told Austin that I would meet up with them at the house."

"We can't go back to the house. It is taken over by Taylor and her crazy mutts."

"Not that house Hayden. My grandparents. They will be able to help, but we are going to have to walk."

"Nothing against the idea Sam, but I don't know how well my walking will be."

She rolled her eyes and whistled. You could here a few brushes rustling and then a horse came to view. Why a horse was in the woods was something I can't answer. She helped me up on the horse and climbed on in front of me. I wrapped my arms around her waist and she tapped the horse's side and we took off.

"Can we slow down at all?"

She flinched from me yelling.

"Not unless you want the hunters to catch up. My powers once out of range fade and the plants go back to normal. after the bite they went all of wack but it also dampened the range i can hold the control."

"That is so weird."

"Your the one telling me."

I laughed a little and leaned into her back closing my eyes trying to get rid of the pounding headache forming behind my eyes.

BittenOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara