ᴄᴜʀꜱᴇᴅ ꜰᴀᴛᴇꜱ. (𝘠𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘦!𝘟𝘪𝘢𝘰 𝘹 𝘙𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘳)

Red. That was all you could see.

Crimson staining the floor, the wall that was once as blank as paper was now stained but with sin. The metallic taste in your mouth wasn't any comforting as you were still, frozen even. The figure in front of you was shaking, but you knew it was out of insanity. Mind blank, (e/c) eyes staring at the person in shock, the numb sensation tickling at your fingertips. All of your senses were against you, panic was written all over your face. Maybe you shouldn't have brought him Almond Tofu every day as an excuse to bloom a conversation between both of you. Maybe you shouldn't have smiled at him out of kindness. Maybe you shouldn't have visited him frequently, so he wasn't alone.

Maybe you shouldn't have created a bond with him.

Because now, there was no turning back. The bond was unbreakable. You were so nice to him, so kind. Your smile and cute laughter had him hooked, your face was simply beautiful to him. Your eyes held so much emotion, so much sweetness directed towards him. He wanted to cherish it, he wanted to keep it for himself only.

Golden eyes glanced at your unstable state, you could've sworn there was a flicker of amusement in them as he walked forward. He left his mask hanging by his hip, his spear in hand. Even from a distance, you could see the crimson liquid dripping down onto the tiles from the tip of his spear. Those souls. Those poor souls who had their lives stolen away from their hands for conversing with you, showing you an act of kindness. They were slain with no mercy by the Adeptus, their bodies sprawled lifelessly across the floor. Their blood pooled around them, staining their clothes.

The numbness slowly wore off as you felt yourself trembling from the horrid sight. Those same golden eyes that had acknowledged you with a nod and a soft look a month ago were now looking at you with insanity emblazoned into his eyes. His spear withered into wisps of black, long fingers holding your chin so you wouldn't avert your gaze. Your bottom lip quivered at the same colour painting his patterned attire, the crimson seemingly haunting you as your eyes caught the blood on the side of his cheek as well. The stoic Adeptus that barely let his lips lift upwards was now chuckling at your fearful state. Perhaps even mocking you. Both disgust and panic ran through your veins at the feeling of him brushing his thumb against your cheek tenderly.

"Mortals, so weak and insignificant. Their confidence is just a front for their weakness and inexperience," He narrowed his eyes. The tone of his voice was cold, sharper than the tip of an iceberg. His glare hardened, then softened as he looked at you so lovingly. He loved you so much, it drove him mad. He intertwined his fingers with yours, your shaking hands caused the corners of his lips to quirk up.

"But you are different from those irritating beings that only live to cause nuisances," He pressed a chaste kiss to the back of your still shaking hand, his tone now only full of admiration.

"Oh, don't worry, love. I would never harm you." Xiao chuckled, dismissing the fact that you've never spoken a word since the bloody incident. His only focus was that you were his and no one could snatch you away from him. He was convinced that it was fate for you to be entrusted to him.

You could only wish to awake from this living nightmare of forbidden twisted fates.

(A/N: All of my Xiao writing pieces are so short- Anyways, take care of yourselves <3)