(Diluc) Just a small thought...

Warnings: Blood, mention of murder, betrayal.

-----------------

"You lied to me. Why- How could you?" Diluc's eyes were as wide as saucers, the shock in his shaking voice was as evident as the betrayal written all over his face.

He couldn't bear to look at her, not when he trusted her with his life and his heart only for her to become a traitor. His vermillion eyes glistened with tears as he averted his gaze to the floor sorrowfully, something that he hadn't experienced since his father's death. Along with the painful pounding in his chest of his crumbling heart, an overpowering feeling took control of his nerves. It was difficult to tell which emotion it could've been with so many of them attacking him at once. All he knew was that he wanted to numb it, to not feel it again or to feel anything in general.

[Y/N]. his lover or at least was, chuckled while stepping closer to him, tipping his chin upwards. Before, that melody would make his heart stir but now it felt like she had spiked his glass of beverage with poison while he chugged it down unknowingly.

"All is fair in love and war, my dear." She whispered with a hint of a smirk, caressing his cheek lightly. She swiped one of his tears away with her thumb, only for a deep red to stain his cheeks, cold in contrast to his hot and bitter tears. He could only wonder which life she took or how many with the splatters of crimson on her hands and her clothes as she gazed at him lovingly.