ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ʟɪᴋᴇ ʜᴏᴍᴇ (𝘊𝘩𝘪𝘭𝘥𝘦 𝘹 𝘙𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘳)

Waves rolled onto the grains of sand, seafoam dissolving onto the sunburnt rocks that sat on the grains of sand, sizzling at the exact moment it made contact. The smell of sea wafting through the air as [Y/N] got closer and closer to the docks, nearly stumbling upon her own footing as she ran. Excitedness rushing through her body, the gossip and laughter of the people near her fell on deaf ears. She grinned from ear to ear, her eyes scanning the crowd of people leaving the ship from Snezhnaya for a certain ginger.

Gloved hands covered her eyes from behind, "Missed me, did you?"

She knew that voice. That familiar cheery tone, that sweet light voice.

"I don't know, did I?" A soft chuckle left her as she placed her hands over his, peeling them off her face.

She spun around on her heel to be met with her lover, holding the same mirth in his oceanic eyes that she had. His orange locks were slightly ruffled by the wind, yet they still framed his face perfectly. A smile graced his face, his eyes crinkling ever so slightly as he revealed his pearly whites.

It was him, Ajax. Not Childe or Tartaglia, not him as the 11th Fatui Harbinger. Titles held no weight at the time, nor did they matter at all. He was her Ajax, the man she loved and that was it. That was all that mattered at that moment.

He laughed, spreading his arms to welcome her into an embrace. She didn't hesitate to wrap her arms around him tightly, and he did the exact same. His hair tickled her cheek once she had placed her chin on his shoulder, but she didn't care.

It had been months since she's last seen him, the only way they have communicated was through letters. He also sent her little trinkets that he had collected through his journey, saying that they reminded him of her, or he thought she may have liked it. It was sweet. But she couldn't help but long to see him again, to hear his tinkling laughter, to hear his frolicsome voice and to see his adorable grin. He had completely beguiled her as she had beguiled him.

"Well, it seems to me that you did, princess." There was it again, his tinkling laughter. She could feel him smiling against the crook of her neck.

She laughed, "Perhaps I did."

The people surrounding them didn't matter, nor did the noise. They couldn't even bring themselves to care even a tad bit.

"I missed you so much." He whispered, squeezing her slightly. "My subordinates probably got tired of me talking about you so much."

"I pity them now."

Chuckling at her minor comment, his arms began to unwind themselves around her as he began to slip away from her embrace. The lack of warmth bothered her slightly, but she was sure it bothered him as well.

"Let's go home," He held out his hand for her to take. This time, his voice was softer. Light like the clouds and soothing like the calm ripples of a lake.

She couldn't bring herself to deny his request. So, lacing her fingers with his while feeling bits of his warmth from his palm seep into hers, they walked. Towards their home, together at last.

(A/N: Hello, everyone! Thank you for the votes, I literally jump in joy when I get a notification. I get so happy. Thank you guys for all the reads, it made my day many times. Remember to drink water and don't skip meals. <3)