"ᴀɴʏᴏɴᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ʙᴜᴛ..."(𝘛𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘢 𝘹 𝘙𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘳)

Thoma could handle any situation and anyone. He could deal with Lord Kamisato's weird food choice that he was pretty much forced to taste. He could deal with the bothersome complaints of commoners. He could deal with Treasure Hoarders causing havoc.

Anyone and anything but a certain woman.

[Y/N] Kamisato, the middle sibling. She was infuriating. Her flirtatious nature was something he couldn't handle, nor could he handle the way she teased him. It always ended with him with pink tinted cheeks.

If he were to tell anyone else about how flirtatious she was, they'd call him crazy. In public and to workers, she appeared as a humble and gentle soul. Much like her sister.

Oh, how incorrect they were. She was absolutely cunning, merciless and certainly not humble. But she was kind and considerate in her own way.

Though, he cannot deny the tingly feeling he gets whenever she passes a sly comment of how handsome he looked today or when she sends him a discreet wink while he works.

His ears perked at the sound of the familiar footsteps coming towards him, the clicking of her heels. The grip he had on his broom began to tense up as did his body. Perhaps he could use the fact that's he's not done cleaning as an excuse? The room was fairly clean, it only needed a few more sweeps here and there-

"Thoma~" [Y/N] called out, he could hear the teasing smirk on her face as she came closer.

Regaining his posture, he turned around to be met with [E/C] eyes that had a hint of mischief in them, the lower part of her face covered behind her fan.

"Good morning, my lady. Is there anything you're in need of?" He asked, resisting the urge to avert his gaze to the floor.

"I'd like to spend my leisure with you in the garden since it seems you are finished with your chore here." She stepped to the side to take a look at the room before looking back at him. "If that is alright with you, darling?"

The endearment gave him small jitters, but he still kept his posture. He knew that she knew full well he couldn't deny her request, especially when he had nothing to do at hand. Her eyes creased slightly, remnants of a smirk revealing themselves. Almost as if she were daring him to deny her request.

"Of course, my lady. Allow me to put away my broom first, I'll meet you there." He gave her a small smile, spinning on his heel to rush over to the cupboard.

She didn't leave.

She only flicked her wrist, closing her fan and patiently waited for him to come back.

It wasn't unusual for them for the pair to spend time together, it always involved Thoma getting flustered by the slightest action like their hands brushing against each other as they walked around the garden, or any compliment given from the female. He despised the fact that he had developed feelings for her, they grew stronger each and every day. How could he fall for someone so unattainable? He was a mere houseworker and she held a high place in society. How could he compare? So, he attempted to cast away his feelings but no matter how much he tried to push it under the surface, [Y/N] always caused them to rise with such ease.

And lately, she began to become more flirtier and more affectionate towards him. It didn't help his current situation but then at the same time, he very much longed for more. Although, she was only toying with him.

Right?

He tried to slow down his pace when he returned to her side, not wanting to seem excited in doing so.

But that didn't matter. Not when she had done something she has never done before.

She held out her hand to him, palm open and inviting. He was frozen, his heart beating out of his chest. She didn't even spare a glance at him, face faced forward while waiting for him to take up his offer. Oh, he jinxed it.